Old 10-27-2010, 01:49 PM   #1

Angry B 190 serious water leaks

We had purchased a beautiful '93 B 190 about six months ago and went through it and fixed what I thought was the roof water leak, by completey removing and resealing the vent fan. It is definitely sealed now. I spent many hours removing the resultant water stains with an upholstery vac. I thought I had it licked. But after sitting in the rain, I again have serious water entry leak, evident as soon I drive, water just sloshes and pours out from under the bunk bed, above the cab, possibly seveal cups worth. Mostly the right side. I have no clue as to where the water may come from, I cannot find any possible source and am at a total loss. Window WX strips are OK, body seal seems OK, roof has no other holes and it is not visible inside when parked and has not left any ceiling stains as before, when the fan was leaking. The fiberglass dome bubble is made in a lower and upper half, but the seam seems fine and where it meets the metal body, the angle would cause water to run away, not enter the vehicle, there is also no way to inpect that seal. I've searched your forums extensively and find no match to my problem, none address my type vehicle or problem.
We love the RV dearly and would hate to get rid of it due to this mysterious leak. Someone else must have had the same problem
Mike

Old 10-27-2010, 02:01 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by fithian1 View Post
We had purchased a beautiful '93 B 190 about six months ago and went through it and fixed what I thought was the roof water leak, by completey removing and resealing the vent fan. It is definitely sealed now. I spent many hours removing the resultant water stains with an upholstery vac. I thought I had it licked. But after sitting in the rain, I again have serious water entry leak, evident as soon I drive, water just sloshes and pours out from under the bunk bed, above the cab, possibly seveal cups worth. Mostly the right side. I have no clue as to where the water may come from, I cannot find any possible source and am at a total loss. Window WX strips are OK, body seal seems OK, roof has no other holes and it is not visible inside when parked and has not left any ceiling stains as before, when the fan was leaking. The fiberglass dome bubble is made in a lower and upper half, but the seam seems fine and where it meets the metal body, the angle would cause water to run away, not enter the vehicle, there is also no way to inpect that seal. I've searched your forums extensively and find no match to my problem, none address my type vehicle or problem.
We love the RV dearly and would hate to get rid of it due to this mysterious leak. Someone else must have had the same problem
Mike
Mike.

The water leaks can come from around the front or side winow gaskets being in poor shape.

You can easily find the area of the leak, by having someone on the inside of the coach, while you carefully water a small area at a time, on the outside, with water from a garden hose.

Gaskets can easily be resealed, but first, you must find the leaking area.

Andy

Old 10-27-2010, 06:36 PM   #3

Andy,
thanks, but I have already checked that, although not with a hose, but the window gaskets appear to be in great shape, also I should see stains or wetness below the window, all is dry. And the amountof water is enormous, just after one rain. I can only surmise that it must be something else.
Mike