Old 01-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member
Vintage Kin Owner
ogden , Utah
Lots to think about.......

To deal with condensation, the old Spartans have a drip channel under the windows that leads to the outer wall and then there is a space between the upper and lower skin section to make a path for the moisture from the windows can run out to the outside.

Then there are weep tubes(my name) at the bottom of the walls in the c-chanel that allow moisture to funnel through the floor and drip out under the trailer........but that is 1940s technology. I read here that someone used copper tubing with a flared end epoxied in place........brilliant idea....sorry I can not remember who to give credit to for that one.

A few decades ago the construction industry got all excited about sealing up home....super insulated and everything sealed up tight as a drum.....everyone who lived in them got sick and the home rotted then they started adding more vents.

The idea here is we need to have our trailers breath, but we also need to avoid moisture getting in and control moisture getting out.

I have not read much about AS yet, but was impressed with what I saw on the Spartans.

pullswitha40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off