Old 12-02-2012, 07:19 PM   #1
TwinPower

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Beavercreek , Ohio
2007 19' Bambi International CCD - Leaks

Hi Everyone!

A couple of months ago we picked up our new Bambi, and once we had it home, we realized we had a couple of leaks. One under the panoramic window, and one near the door above the light switches. Luckily for us, we live within 1.5 hr of the Airstream Factory, and was planning to take it there for other service, and at first thought these leaks were no big deal. But the more I read on the forums and in other places, I am becoming more and more scared about what they may find and how much the repairs will cost. The floor doesn't feel soft under the dinette, but the linoleum is bubbled up and has pulled from the wall.

One of the threads I have read points out that Airstream has had major leak issues with their 2007 models. Does anyone out there have a 2007 19' Bambi International CCD that can tell me what they are experiencing?

Old 12-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 16' International
Jamestown , Rhode Island
I would suggest that the best thing to do is take it in for service and ask these questions of the pro's. You will only work yourself into a tizzy if you explore all of the "what if's" on these pages. No matter what is happening on your particular trailer it can be fixed. Worry about the cost when you are looking at the estimate for repairs. You may be pleasantly surprised!
Bruce

Old 12-02-2012, 07:49 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Good Luck - been there done that.
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:34 PM   #4
TwinPower

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Beavercreek , Ohio
Any tips clancy boy??
Old 06-08-2013, 09:02 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
New Smyrna Beach , Florida
Have a 2007 Bambi 19' and it has leaks around panoramic windows and floor under the dinette is soft and has dropped down. What did you end up doing about yours.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:15 AM   #6
TwinPower

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Beavercreek , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebelee View Post
Have a 2007 Bambi 19' and it has leaks around panoramic windows and floor under the dinette is soft and has dropped down. What did you end up doing about yours.
We were able to get our leak fixed at the Airstream Service Center in Jackson Center. They did a LOT of resealing and taking apart of the panoramic window. They removed the solar shades and the header they attach to. They really went heavy on the corners that were mitered.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:22 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

I'm having similar issues with my 200719 ' Bambi Safari. Much of th damage is in the dinette area. Took it to the dealer and they did a roof and side seal and caulked a section of the rub rail.
But after a good rain yesterday, the floor is now wet in another spot. Seems like all at once, after 6 years, all the original caulking disappeared
Old 06-18-2013, 09:36 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by knicastro View Post
I'm having similar issues with my 200719 ' Bambi Safari. Much of th damage is in the dinette area. Took it to the dealer and they did a roof and side seal and caulked a section of the rub rail.
But after a good rain yesterday, the floor is now wet in another spot. Seems like all at once, after 6 years, all the original caulking disappeared
Do you have a panoramic (wrap around) window in the front? If the dealer didn't clean out and reseal this window on the outside, especially the corner miters and along the bottom where the glass meets the frame, he missed the most likely place for a leak. Check this area from inside the trailer and see if it's wet when it rains.

doug k
Old 06-19-2013, 08:21 AM   #9
1 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkottum View Post
Do you have a panoramic (wrap around) window in the front? If the dealer didn't clean out and reseal this window on the outside, especially the corner miters and along the bottom where the glass meets the frame, he missed the most likely place for a leak. Check this area from inside the trailer and see if it's wet when it rains.

doug k
Yes, I have a panoramic window in the front and no, the dealer didn't even suggest doing that. I'll check after the next rain. Thank you for the advice!
Old 06-19-2013, 09:34 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2000 19' Bambi
mt. Prospect , Illinois
I guess I'm glad I don't have a wrap around front window now. However, I did find the old Airstream method of putting down carpet, covering it in plastic, and then putting the furniture on top of it leads to some bad results. Make sure to check your rear cargo area for leaks from the rear bumper box. The water comes in at the joint between the plate behind the bumper box and the lower body molding, and soaks the carpet and the plywood floor. The carpet keeps the area wet. I pulled off the mattress, removed the plywood bed base, and then cut out all the carpet in the storage area. I had found plywood that was kept wet for years, and a small patch of rot. After caulking the seam at the bumper box/molding, and removing the water soaked carpet, it's dried nicely.