Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Leaks - Weatherstrips, Gaskets, Caulks & Sealants
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-15-2007, 08:08 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2005 22' Interstate
Afton , Virginia
2005 Interstate rear bath-water on floor after a rain

This may not be the right forum, but "leaks" looks close enough.
Just last night, it rained pretty heavily. Today I noticed some water on the floor under the refrigerator. I looked at the storage area under it and didn't see any moisture. The Fantastic fan vent was closed and the "ceiling" was also dry to the touch, as were the walls. I looked outside and opened the door that ventilates the refrigerator and saw water on the metal floor of the fridge compartment. The caulking seems good.

Any suggestions? (This is not a test.)
regards
herrgirdner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:30 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2005 22' Interstate
Afton , Virginia
Mission Accomplished!

I took the watering can my wife uses to maintain her houseplants and put a couple of cups of red-food colored water in it. That's so I can trace the source of the leak.
I opened the external door and gained access to the works of the fridge. I poured about a tablespoon of colored water into the compartment. I then went into the camper and found that there was some red-colored water dripping from under the fridge just by the bathroom door.
Very glad that the roof wasn't involved.
regards
herrgirdner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:17 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Hey! Good for you! Good trick, and glad the leak is not the roof...those can turn a normal Streamer into a madman in no time!

TB
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote