Old 01-21-2019, 12:21 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2007 27' International CCD FB
San Diego , California
Ventline Bathroom Fan Speed Controller Mod

I recently needed to replace the motor on my bathroom ventline fan as the bushing was wearing out.

Took the opportunity to also modify it with a speed controller so it's not always wailing at full speed. I usually like having this single fan on 24hr/day as a way to keep bathroom fresh, some general airflow and background noise in the trailer. So a speed controller has been high on my list to also keep power draw at bay.

I added this from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It can actually replace the original on/off switch but I couldn't get it to mount nicely in that switches position. Here's my compromise:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ASfan1.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	332094

Click image for larger version

Name:	ASfan2.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	332095

It works beautifully to set it anywhere between 10-100% speed. Or 10-100% noise, or 10-100% power draw. Nice fine control. No humming or whining noise to speak of. Why this isn't an OEM feature beats me.

Note for anyone wanting to use the same switch. Make sure to brigde the '3-15' solder pads on it before installing. It's setup for 24-35V before bridging.
Tongue Mount Honda eu2200i - Rear Hitch - Underbelly Storage - Blizzard NXT w/ EasyStart - 3" Lift - 6" Fan Controller
pteck is offline   Reply With Quote