Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2009, 03:37 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
North/East , New Jersey
Question Ventline Bath Vent Gasket Replacement

I have a 25' 2007 Safari with the round 12v powered vent fans (Ventline ?) in the shower and in the bathroom. I just noticed that the foam gasket that apprears to have been attached to the bottom of the movable smoke plastic cover has dried up and come off the fan. Does anyone know how to replace the gasket and where did you purchase it from?
Old 02-01-2009, 08:55 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
1971 27' Overlander
1957 22' Caravanner
Jourdanton , Texas
Ventline line will send you one, or you can take foam gasket material and cut it to the width you need and apply. The cover comes off easily from the roof. It is not a round gasket, but a narrow linear strip applied in a circle.

Jim
pienjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:11 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
North/East , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by pienjim View Post
Ventline line will send you one, or you can take foam gasket material and cut it to the width you need and apply. The cover comes off easily from the roof. It is not a round gasket, but a narrow linear strip applied in a circle.

Jim
Jim... The screws on the roof side of the cover are sealed with caulking. On the inside side of the fan there are screws holding the plastic handle to the two metal slides. Can you remove the handel and pull the cover out of the fan assembly with the metal slides attached so I don't have to reseal the cover screws?
Old 06-29-2011, 01:04 PM   #4
tpi
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Trabuco Canyon , California
ventline vanair bathroom roof vent gasket replace

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dabeach View Post
Jim... The screws on the roof side of the cover are sealed with caulking. On the inside side of the fan there are screws holding the plastic handle to the two metal slides. Can you remove the handel and pull the cover out of the fan assembly with the metal slides attached so I don't have to reseal the cover screws?
Hi I'd like to know this too..

It does appear I can remove the interior handle and pull the cap off from the roof. If I didn't have to remove the screws on the top of the cap, I won't have to climb on the roof.
tpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:59 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
North/East , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpi View Post
Hi I'd like to know this too..

It does appear I can remove the interior handle and pull the cap off from the roof. If I didn't have to remove the screws on the top of the cap, I won't have to climb on the roof.
TPI......I was able to remove the cap from the vent in the bathroom by removing the two screws in the handle and pulling the cap up from the roof. The vent is located within easy reach from ladder on the side of the trailer. I was at a campground when I changed mine by placing a step ladder I borrowed on a picnic table next to the trailer and was able to get to the vent with no problem. If I were to do it again, I would not remove the handle. I would go right to the roof and remove the sealer on the two screws and remove the cap from the roof.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:57 AM   #6
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Does the "foam" actually do anything?

Ours came off the first Season, kind'a forgot about it, what with fix'n other stuff.
Been seven seasons with no leaks. The Vulkem does look pretty rough now so might address gasket when I re-seal.

If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:36 AM   #7
tpi
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Trabuco Canyon , California
I just did mine from the side of trailer by removing the interior screws in the handle, removing handle, and then going outside to stepladder along side the trailer and pulling cap up from the roof. For me it was the best way rather than going up on roof and dealing with the subsequent issues up there.

My issue was the sheet metal screws holding the cap on were not thoroughly threaded into the spring steel of the holders (it was loose and wobbly and threads were damaged from factory). This steel appears to be quite hard and threading sheet metal screws into it was problematic. So having the straps out of trailer allowed me to drill out the holes and use a stubby nut/bolt to hold the cap onto the straps. Then I slipped it back into the slots which wasn't too big of a deal, went back inside and installed the handle.

The whole thing now seems tighter than it ever has.
tpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:27 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2002 25' Safari
Fountain Inn , South Carolina
In heavy rain I have water leaking into the bathroom directly through this vent fan. This is with the damper / hatch closed. I have not been up on the roof to inspect the hatch on this vent fan on my 02 Safari 25 yet.

Has anyone experienced this sort of problem with the bathroom vent fan?

Bud
Ridgerunner3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:08 AM   #9
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Lilburn , Georgia
Leak. My ventline fan did not have a gasket at all. And during heavy rain we got water dripping through the fan. So I installed a brand new plastic cap that came with the foam gasket. I removed all eight of the screws under the cap and resealed them. I resealed around the outside of the vent with Vulkem. I resealed the screws that attach the plastic cover. And... after a moderately heavy rain, IT STILL LEAKS. I am at a total loss for what to do.
BeachHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 08:23 AM   #10
Rivet Master

1979 31' Sovereign
Northeastern , Kentucky
Is anyone aware of a rain cover to go over these round fans so they can be left open in the rain? Something along the lines of a miniature MaxAir II...
KYAirstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 02:48 PM   #11
1 Rivet Member

2018 25' Flying Cloud
Newberry , Florida
Failed weather stripping and missing screws

On our last trip the open cell foam weather stripping on the bathroom sink side came off and got tangled in the fan. Got it off from the inside after removing the screen. Checked the shower one and found that weather stripping loose too. Removed it from the outside. Do they really need to be replaced? The cover pops down tight, there is a 3/8” lip around the cover and the inside of the cover is tight to the exhaust port. Weep hole is clear. Failed in 3 years.

Also on the shower side I found that 3 screws holding the fan to the roof were never installed. Missing from the 12 to 3 o’clock quadrant. The bathroom sink side has all screws in place. I believe I should install these missing screws. No rain leaks at all. Drill a pilot hole and add Al screws?

Thanks!
BagODoughnut is offline   Reply With Quote