testing/replacing ceiling light/fan '75 Sovereign
We're doing a minimal renovation of a gifted and moldy AS, for a part-time office and guest space (not camping). These forums are a godsend!
We removed all the ceiling lights and inside skin to get rid of moldy pink insulation. Before replacing with Prodex insulation, we figured we should get those lights & fans tested & replaced as needed while their guts are exposed.
Problem: we removed the light/fan housing before testing. Is the only way to turn on the knobs on the unit?
1. Some knobs are busted and need replacing for sure. Source?
2. Is there a wall switch that operates the ceiling fans? We have the '75 service manual, so have the electrical diagrams, but they don't document all the switches. Anybody know? Hubby is an electrician so can do a workaround--
3. Advice: should we scrap those units and replace them? Suggestions that don't cost an arm or a leg?