The weather was very nice this weekend so I decided to put one of the two Maxim skylights in. Tools used was my drill, two wire brush attachments for the drill, wire brush, scrapper, shop vac, broom, screw driver, ratchet with 10mm head, 10x1 1/4 self tapping hex screws, washers with neoprene, tin foil to cover the open skylight when stripping the old sealant, acetone, Sikaflex 715 sealant, and of course beer.
First thing was to pull off the old skylight, and wow it is cheap and flimsy.
Stripped out the old sealant with a scrapper and then used the drill with wire brush attachments to strip the majority of the old sealant off, it's big time saver.
Took a break to enjoy the view from the roof. I full time in Pensacola, FL.
After stripping everything I used blue painters tape to make everything a little neater. Spread sealant all over, and around where the screws will go.
Put the new skylight on top, the fit is perfect.
Everything is sealed, including the screws going into the side.
Picture from inside, the finished result. The light looks great, and the skylight now looks just nicer.
Pics of the front one to follow when the weather is nice again. Feel free to send a message if you want more info on the install.