Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2014, 12:25 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1979 31' Sovereign
Milford , Ohio
Repair or replace gears for Fantastic Fan lid?

I went out to my trailer last night and heard the motor running, which raises and lowers the lid on my Fantastic Fan. I thought nothing of it since it was starting to sprinkle rain a little, but the motor kept running and running. When I checked I saw that the open lid was not closing.

After shutting off the power I tried to lower the lid manually, by pulling the knob and turning, but all it did was spin freely. With the knob engaged I was able to crank down the lid, but there was some resistance and noise of gears and motor turning.

Do I have a stripped or broken gear? How easy a fix and is it done from inside or on the roof or both? The fan is maybe six years old. Not sure of the model number, it has the rain sensor but not a remote control.

I know that Fantastic was bought by someone. In the past I know they would have sent me new parts for free. Am I correct to I assume those days are over?

Its a camper, therefore it leaks.
blickcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:11 PM   #2
Always learning

1972 29' Ambassador
1962 19' Globetrotter
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Central , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Lance M
The last time I talked with them about warranty issues, they honored the lifetime guarantee because the vent was sold when the lifetime guarantee was in effect. I think they will take care of you as long as you have a vent made before the new ownership.
Never hurt to call and ask.

Work is never done, so take time to play!
Lance M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:15 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1999 28' Excella
Frederick , Maryland
I needed one gear last year and they sent me the whole assembly for free. I think they still have their super customer service intact.
AM Solar Panels 150W - 2 Trojan T 105 6V Batteries

KC3MAP

On internet forums, please research and separate the wheat from the chaff (including mine!)
Soyboy is offline   Reply With Quote