Old 02-20-2015, 09:40 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member
1974 27' Overlander
Twisp , Washington
Possible dumb question...

Do you have to replace the entire vent assembly if going to a Fantastic/Maxxair unit, or do they have a retro-fit kit available that can go in my existing vents? I want to keep the original Airstream look on my fan/light covers, and I also DON'T want to remove the original vents. Thanks.

daved20319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:59 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member
1994 34' Excella
Warren , Manitoba
If you don't want to remove the original vents, it will be very difficult to install Fantastic vents in their place. You cannot use the original light fixtures with a Fantastic/Max unit. I guess you will have to keep what you have and be happy!!! Chris

WBCCI #7394
2002 Chev 2500 HD Duramax
1976 31' Gone but fondly remembered
CBWELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 10:12 AM   #3
Rivet Master
1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
Check this out at Vintage Trailer Supply Fan-Tastic Fan Vent

Add modern Fantastic Vent and maintain that old style Airstream look.

Good luck keep us posted on your progress with some pics.
Don Hardman
1976 31' Sovereign
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 10:12 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member
1979 31' Sovereign
Milford , Ohio
I'm all about keeping the original look, whenever possible. That said I replaced my living room light/vent combo with a Fantastic Vent. I justified my actions knowing they are standard equipment on newer trailers. Since I didn't want to lose the light fixture, I wyed the power connection and installed a light fixture next to the fan. This light fixture matches the one I have in the hallway by the bathroom.

Just saying, in case you change your mind. BTW, the subject of replacing the old vents with a Fantastic has been beat to death here. You will find plenty of photos and descriptions of the job, which only takes an hour or two.

When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Go get the oranges that you really want.
blickcd is offline   Reply With Quote