Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Windows, Doors, Locks & Vents > Roof Vents, Skylights & Fans
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-06-2003, 11:04 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Plumbing Vent Stacks on Roof

I have 3 on my globe trotter that need replacement. Anyone know where these can be found? They are plastic.

I did not see any on the Inland site as his are metal.

Thanks for the help!

Bryan
Bryanhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 07:18 PM   #2
Rivet Master

You can find those at almost any rv dealer or Camping World. I changed one on my AS recently, it cost about three bucks but takes alot of sealent so it wont' leak, especially if is close to a curved edge. I think they are for a 2 inch vent pipe and you punch out the screw holes in the plastic flange. Happy sealing.
Tinsel Loaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 04:39 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Thanks, Tinsel Loaf!

Bryan
Old 09-07-2003, 09:54 AM   #4
Obsessed with Moonunit

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
Hi Bryan - You might want to look into the aluminum ones and paint, if needed. We are going to replace our plastic ones next Spring as they are all jagged and wierd at the top. Some other people here have replaced with the metal ones, and I think that makes sense as they would last longer. Just a thought... Leigh
COArgosy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 03:51 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Thats what I was thinking. I found some I like at PPL motorhomes that look good and kind of retro. They are about $8.00 each.

Thanks for the response.

Bryan
Old 09-07-2003, 08:24 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
Elyria , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to silverhawk
Plumbing vent covers

Hey, All
I would like to know what the vent caps looked like back there in the mid to late 60s. Does anyone have a decent shot of one of these things? I've found a couple of retro looking caps that I like, sorta an upside down bowl over a reduced flange. Galvenized, is that any problem with different metals? Will I need a gasket? Is rubber good.
Bob
silverhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 10:05 AM   #7
Obsessed with Moonunit

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
Here is a thread where I was trying to get an idea about what our plumbing vents were suppose to look like. You will have to go about halfway down the thread to see the pics. Don't know if these are what you are looking for - our trailer is a 78, but know others have indicated their vent covers look the same, even earlier year trailers. Leigh

plumbing vents
COArgosy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 02:55 AM   #8
1 Rivet Member

2022 33' Classic
West Lafayette , Indiana
Re: Plumbing vent covers

Quote:
Originally posted by silverhawk
Hey, All
I would like to know what the vent caps looked like back there in the mid to late 60s. Does anyone have a decent shot of one of these things? I've found a couple of retro looking caps that I like, sorta an upside down bowl over a reduced flange. Galvenized, is that any problem with different metals? Will I need a gasket? Is rubber good.
Bob
Hey Bob,
The mixing of Galvenized material with aluminum is not good. I own a Tool Shed that has aluminum wall siding and the previous owner had used galvenized nails to nail the siding to the studs. Large areas of the aluminum siding began to corrode and was eaten away by the galvenized material. In short do not mix material on your camper.
Dennis Frist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 04:58 AM   #9
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
Elyria , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to silverhawk
Vent stacks

Thanks Dennis,
That is the kind of info I was looking for. Anyone else have similar experiences, or possible solutions to this problem as far as useing a gasket to separate the two metals.
Bob,
silverhawk is offline   Reply With Quote