Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2015, 06:40 AM   #41
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Also, IIRC, the FF cover comes without any screens in the louvers. If you add their OPTIONAL louvers, the flow is restricted. If you remove the screens in the MA, there will be a significant increase in flow.

I tried using my covers w/o the screens in and the accumulation of leaves and debris is not something you want to deal with on a regular basis.

In the end, I think, they are about equal in their flow rates with or without screens....your choice.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 06:52 AM   #42
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Wilmington , North Carolina
Hello folks. New AS owner here with a fan cover question..........

My AS dealer suggested the Standard MaxxAir so I recently purchased 2 of them. The literature inside the box says these covers are NOT recommended for Fantastic Fans. Instead they say I need their Fan Mate version.

Has anyone had any experience with the Fan Mate cover by MaxxAir?

And 1 last question........does it really make that much difference? In other words, would I be unhappy with the standard cover? I see lots of them on other AS's.

Thanks!

Jere
blufishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 07:06 AM   #43
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Jere, I recently installed the MaxxAir II over my front powered Fantastic Vent. Very easy install and fits perfectly. Not sure how airflow could be any better.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 07:35 AM   #44
Rivet Master

2024 23' Flying Cloud
San Antonio , Texas
I installed a standard MaxxAir cover over the Fantastic Fan on our Sport 22FB. It seems to work fine. The smaller size seems more in proportion to our smaller trailer. Plus, it just clears the TV antenna when it is down.

Cannonball, Deep in the Heart of Texas!

WBCCI #4387, Air #84080

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 06:41 AM   #45
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
St. Augustine , Florida
Quote:
They purposely only opened the lid to be at a marginal flow so the other vent covers would look bad...Notice when ever he sits the other brand covers on the test stand that he slides the cover back for more restriction. You can see the lower lid close more as he slides the cover back.
I do not see it that way at all. They opened the vent as wide as they could to compare all the models. That "aerovent" model at 2:40 only allows 3" of vent height so, to compare all at the same, they opened it at 3". Also, the gentleman appears to be centering the vents. I will say that the Ultrabreeze is large compared to the others so more airflow would be expected. The surprise is that other wedge shaped one that is large is not so good. After seeing this I went and bought the Fantastic Vent one yesterday. It is huge. After installing it looks like I have a square cage on top of the stream from the rear. I decided on rear placement just because of all the noise up front. I am usually in the trailer in the evenings when camping and like TV watching at that time. The fan noise would be further away plus add a pseudo "white noise" when sleeping me thinks.
Old 05-23-2015, 05:30 AM   #46
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Wilmington , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by blufishin View Post
Hello folks. New AS owner here with a fan cover question..........

My AS dealer suggested the Standard MaxxAir so I recently purchased 2 of them. The literature inside the box says these covers are NOT recommended for Fantastic Fans. Instead they say I need their Fan Mate version.

Has anyone had any experience with the Fan Mate cover by MaxxAir?

And 1 last question........does it really make that much difference? In other words, would I be unhappy with the standard cover? I see lots of them on other AS's.

Thanks!

Jere
UPDATE.......I installed the standard MaxxAir covers over my Fantastic Fans. Air flow is GREATLY reduced!! Thinking that I should upgrade to the Fan Mate cover as MA recommends. Costly mistake!

Jere
blufishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 07:01 AM   #47
Full Time Adventurer

2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
I trust that video, I threw away my ugly MaxxAir II vents and replaced them with the UltraBreeze vent and saw a noticeable improvement in air flow. What I don't like as much, is that the UltraBreeze is taller than the MaxxAir vent, but it could just be 'visual'
Old 05-23-2015, 07:52 AM   #48
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Funny, we installed the MaxxAir II vents because we thought they really looked good up there and Ultrabreeze vents were ugly. No problem with air flow here, the important thing is ventilation even when it's raining so you can't go wrong on either.

cheryl
ckottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:37 AM   #49
Full Time Adventurer

Nomadic , USA

Nevermind, I take it back. I had the MaxxAir Fan/Mate thing.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:52 AM   #50
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Land Of Enchantment , New Mexico
Camping World is having a sale on vent covers:
MaxxAir I Original Translucent White Roof Vent Cover - Maxxair 00-933066 - Vents - Camping World

and Fantastic ceiling fans:
Deluxe Fan-Tastic Ceiling Fan Vent with Thermostat - Fan-Tastic Vent CW5000RBT - Fans - Camping World

Good price on the fantastic fans...
The trouble with trouble is it always starts out as fun...
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 11:51 AM   #51
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Like our Max-Airs.
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 12:18 PM   #52
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
The MaxxAir II I recently installed over my front Fantasitic Fan power vent has been one of the better upgrades I have made. Really nice to have ventilation when it is raining. A plus is that it looks good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	213.3 KB
ID:	239012  

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 01:09 PM   #53
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Gandttimes - what did you decide to do?

I had my local RV place install the Maxx Air IIs before this season and while I was concerned about using the power vent opening, it actually works just fine. Plenty of air flow. Also went with white because I'm assuming it would take longer to crack from sunlight than black and because it was cheaper than the smoke one (yikes!).

Good luck!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 01:21 PM   #54
Rivet Master

2014 25' FB International
2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
Qualicum Beach , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
Gandttimes - what did you decide to do?

I had my local RV place install the Maxx Air IIs before this season and while I was concerned about using the power vent opening, it actually works just fine. Plenty of air flow. Also went with white because I'm assuming it would take longer to crack from sunlight than black and because it was cheaper than the smoke one (yikes!).

Good luck!
Funny you should ask as I just called to see if my order had arrived at Lordco where my niece works. Lordco ( can.wholesale parts supplier) has just started into the RV parts in a big way with led's, hitches etc and Camco parts. I decided for what I was paying for them, I would go with the smoke Camco covers as the whole point of this exercise was to have vent covers that I could leave open in the rain and I couldn't justify paying twice as much for the Maxair II's in smoke.
I'll let you know what I think when I get them installed.

George
gandttimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 03:17 PM   #55
Rivet Master

2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
Finally got the Camco covers in and see that I am going to have to take the guts out of my FFN's to attach the brackets. Anyone else run into this.
Also noticed that the screen that they have on the front Oliver's may be a bit restrictive.
This leaves me wondering why we need two screens. One on the inside of the FF and the front of the cover?
Might just cut out the screen on the front of the vent cover if it becomes an issue.
Any thoughts?

George
Old 06-14-2015, 05:00 PM   #56
4 Rivet Member

2011 30' Classic
2007 25' International CCD
1993 32' Excella
Largo , Florida
Just installed the Fantastic Fan vent cover and I must say it was as easy as advertised. More $$ than the Maxx Air but I like the idea of a vent cover that is made specifically for my fan. It rained lat night and this AM went out and not a drop om the floor.

>>ron<<
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vent cover.JPG
Views:	233
Size:	517.8 KB
ID:	240651  
Old 06-15-2015, 11:18 AM   #57
Full Time Adventurer

Nomadic , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gandttimes View Post
I couldn't justify paying twice as much for the Maxair II's in smoke.

George

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandttimes View Post
Finally got the Camco covers in and see that I am going to have to take the guts out of my FFN's to attach the brackets. Anyone else run into this.
Also noticed that the screen that they have on the front Oliver's may be a bit restrictive.
This leaves me wondering why we need two screens. One on the inside of the FF and the front of the cover?
Might just cut out the screen on the front of the vent cover if it becomes an issue.
Any thoughts?

George
Learn your lesson.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:17 PM   #58
Rivet Master

2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
Nope. Probably not

George
Old 08-05-2015, 06:43 PM   #59
Rivet Master

2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldAdventure View Post
Learn your lesson.
Ended up looking up MaxxAir instructions for installing on FFans and followed same. Easy.

George
Old 05-07-2016, 05:50 PM   #60
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Mercer Island , Washington
Installed my max air II's today. Not super hard, but I don't recommend doing it on a hot day (yes, near 80 in Seattle today). I went with the smoke color, not sure it was a good choice, but it's done.
btowntincan is offline   Reply With Quote