Old 03-25-2015, 06:43 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, I have one Fantastic vent and one plain vent. They were both open at the Balloon Fiesta one year. There was a strong wind and the plain vent cover was broken off. I borrowed a ladder so I could duct tape the broken lid in place. This vent is centered over our bed and it poured down rain that night. For that reason I now have two Maxx Air II vent covers.

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 07:08 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2014 25' FB International
2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
Qualicum Beach , British Columbia
Thanks Robert. I am convinced that the MaxxAir II's are the only ones I will get.
Now I am looking for a supplier up here that doesn't gold plate them.

George

Old 03-25-2015, 07:52 PM   #31
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' Flying Cloud
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Vero Beach , Florida
Fantastic Fan promotes their UltraBreeze vent cover on a UTube video. They show its flow capabilities vs several other vent covers, including the Maxair II. Their claim is that they provide better than 95% of fan flow capacity with the Ultra Breeze vs 75% or less with the other vent covers shown. It looks pretty convincing... has anyone had hands on experience with both the UltraBreeze and the Maxair II?

Old 03-25-2015, 08:54 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
I wonder what the difference would be with the vent fully open where all of us would run it if we had a vent cover?

George
Old 03-25-2015, 11:42 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by gandttimes View Post
I wonder what the difference would be with the vent fully open where all of us would run it if we had a vent cover?

George

Hi, don't trust that video. They purposely only opened the lid to be at a marginal flow so the other vent covers would look bad. For reference, with the Maxx air II cover installed the Fantastic Vent doesn't open all of the way, but very close. [and it does restrict the flow slightly, but very slightly] Notice when ever he sits the other brand covers on the test stand that he slides the cover back for more restriction. You can see the lower lid close more as he slides the cover back. Notice that they never show the working end of the cover during this demonstration. Why? Because they don't show that their vent cover doesn't have a louvered, screened entrance, that they sell as an option. Other than that, their cover does what they show, the way they show it.

2005 Safari 25-B
[ Small Silver Castle ]
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 03-25-2015, 11:55 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
My point exactly.

George
Old 03-26-2015, 12:01 AM   #35
3 Rivet Member

2015 23' International
Lake Forest Park , Washington
UltraBreeze

I recently installed the UltraBreeze cover over our aft (bedroom) fantastic Fan vent in our 23D. WE have only had it on a couple months, but it has not closed the vent in even very hard rain.

I used the smoked cover. We like the fact that the FF vent is a small skylight in the aft of the trailer, so I obtained a clear vent cover to replace the stock smoked cover of the FF. This worked great, as the same amount of light comes in with the UltraBreeze vent cover on, as with the original uncovered vent (which we still have in the front).

We had recently returned from a winter ski trip, where we experienced both snow and rain, and felt compelled to improve ventilation to reduce humidity in the trailer. We are expecting this will be a great improvement. So far, with the trailer in our driveway, even with rainy days, humidity has been reasonable. (But we are not cooking and sleeping in the trailer yet...)

Charlie
Old 03-26-2015, 12:06 AM   #36
3 Rivet Member

2015 23' International
Lake Forest Park , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, I have one Fantastic vent and one plain vent. They were both open at the Balloon Fiesta one year. There was a strong wind and the plain vent cover was broken off. I borrowed a ladder so I could duct tape the broken lid in place. This vent is centered over our bed and it poured down rain that night. For that reason I now have two Maxx Air II vent covers.
Bummer that it rained. I hope you had some good weather too. We got rained out in 2011, and left without seeing balloons fly. We returned in 2012 to join the Four Corners group, and had great weather. The Balloon Fiesta is an awesome experience, which I highly recommend to all.

Charlie
Old 03-26-2015, 12:08 AM   #37
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gandttimes View Post
By the way, and I am still laughing, the shipping to me on this product regular ground is $82.63.
Must be a long way to walk.
Thanks for the heads-up though.

George
come on a visit to the USA and have them installed here.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:26 AM   #38
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by aircampr View Post
Bummer that it rained. I hope you had some good weather too. We got rained out in 2011, and left without seeing balloons fly. We returned in 2012 to join the Four Corners group, and had great weather. The Balloon Fiesta is an awesome experience, which I highly recommend to all.

Charlie
Hi, I was eating dinner when I heard the wind [FLAP] and noticed my rear vent lid was gone; Actually out of sight. My wife didn't understand the panic at that time. I borrowed a ladder, the vent lid had broken all the way forward. I put it in place and sealed it with duct tape. This vent is directly over our rear queen bed. It rained really hard that night, but all was well during the day and we had balloons every day. We went in 2008.

2005 Safari 25-B
[ Small Silver Castle ]
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
Old 03-26-2015, 01:01 AM   #39
Rivet Master

2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
come on a visit to the USA and have them installed here.
We just got back from 4 fun months touring the West and I guess I should have thought of it then, but I was having too much fun.
Maybe some kind American can come up and visit especially with your strong dollar and our great weather ( in the west!) lol

George
Old 03-26-2015, 06:17 AM   #40
Rivet Master

1995 30' Excella
Bowie , Maryland
We have vent covers, too - one is a Maxx Air and one is a generic brand, I think (they came on the trailer). We leave our vents open all the time at home, with the fans off, and it's great not having to worry about rain getting in while the trailer airs out. I'm not a fan of the aesthetics, though, and they do make the fans a bit louder compared to what I remember from the B190, which had a Fantastic Fan without a cover.

When it comes time, I'd like to replace the Fantastic Fan with one of the Maxx Air all-in-one fan+covers. (See this page if you don't know what I mean.) That looks like the ultimate solution to me - low profile but still covered. I haven't figured out what I'd do about the front fan - it's a fan + light combination.

Sold but not forgotten: 1991 Airstream B190
Sold: 2006 F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Supercab
Skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:40 AM   #41
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Also, IIRC, the FF cover comes without any screens in the louvers. If you add their OPTIONAL louvers, the flow is restricted. If you remove the screens in the MA, there will be a significant increase in flow.

I tried using my covers w/o the screens in and the accumulation of leaves and debris is not something you want to deal with on a regular basis.

In the end, I think, they are about equal in their flow rates with or without screens....your choice.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 07:52 AM   #42
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Wilmington , North Carolina
Hello folks. New AS owner here with a fan cover question..........

My AS dealer suggested the Standard MaxxAir so I recently purchased 2 of them. The literature inside the box says these covers are NOT recommended for Fantastic Fans. Instead they say I need their Fan Mate version.

Has anyone had any experience with the Fan Mate cover by MaxxAir?

And 1 last question........does it really make that much difference? In other words, would I be unhappy with the standard cover? I see lots of them on other AS's.

Thanks!

Jere