Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2007, 08:37 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
McKinney , Texas
MAXX Air Model 900

Has anyone installed one of these on an Airstream? I would like to add them to my new trailer and didn'e know if there was special model or something I should look at. We have a regular vent in the front of the trailer and a thermostatically controlled fantastic fan in the Galley.

Any Help is appreciated.
Krazyjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:56 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Bump. . .I'm bumping this to bring it to the top of the list in case someone on the forum has some suggestions in response to his question. Usually someone on the forum has had a similar issue or can pitch in with some help. Hoping you hear soon. ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:31 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

I just had two installed last week. The fit and finish is great as well as the operation. I haven't had time to fully run them and use the options but I did do a lot of research and especially liked the low profile. I also went with a low profile Carrier Air V at the same time.
potatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:53 AM   #4
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
I have 2 MaxxAir fans in my CCD. They work great for ventilitation....even in the rain! Super with one pulling in fresh air and the other venting out the exhaust!

The new model, although pricey, has a remote thermostatic control too.....
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 05:03 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Classic
1993 21' Sovereign
Elm Grove , Wisconsin
Thumbs up MaxxFan good choice!

Another vote for MaxxFan! We installed a MaxxFan 2 years ago in our 21ft. Sovereign and couldn't be more pleased. This unit allows for ventilation regardless of weather. We have had the unit functioning while towing in driving rain. No leakage problems! This is a great benefit to us because our cat prefers to travel in the Airstream rather than being confined to our much less spacious truck. Also, when we go hiking or biking we can leave our feline in the coach and not have to worry about a freak rainstorm closing a rain sensor controlled vent. It's one of the best upgrades we've done on our Airstream! Juergen
jhart657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:45 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
McKinney , Texas
Here is the link to the vent cover I am talking about. It is a MAxx Air Fan Mate 900. I have a great fan already installed in the galley area that is thermostatically controlled and has a rain sensor.(it just closes too slow) and I have just a vent in the front bedroom. I thought this would be a great idea so we can keep the vents open while we are away during the day. Is this the style that everyone has used on their trailer?

Fan/Mate
Old 04-05-2007, 08:17 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
McKinney , Texas
Thumbs up order is on the way

Well I ordered the two Fan Mate 900s today and they should be here next week some time. I'll try to take some pics of the install.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:40 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Field and Stream , PA & MT
I put a couple Model 800's on our trailer last year. I thought the lighter color would be a bit cooler in hot sunlight than the black ones.

I'm really glad to have gotten them. It's nice to be able to keep the vents open in inclement weather.

The only thing I learned after I put them on was that the factory had put so much sealant around my front Fantastic fan vent that the Maxx-Air cover doesn't fit as close to the roof as it should and we can get some rain under it if the vent cover is opened too high. I guess I could take it off and re-do it, but it'll do for now.

John
Old 04-06-2007, 06:40 AM   #9
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazyjohnny
Here is the link to the vent cover I am talking about. It is a MAxx Air Fan Mate 900. I have a great fan already installed in the galley area that is thermostatically controlled and has a rain sensor.(it just closes too slow) and I have just a vent in the front bedroom. I thought this would be a great idea so we can keep the vents open while we are away during the day. Is this the style that everyone has used on their trailer?

Fan/Mate
KJ,

Good choice if you have the fans in already. I put these on my past MoHo and they worked great in inclement weather. I was going to go that route on my CCD, but decided to change out the Fantastic for the MaxxFans. Works great either way!

Install is easy, just follow the well written directions. One thing they don't mention but I always do when installing these is to add sealant OVER the mounting bolts for the brackets that you place THRU the existing fan walls. Even though they are protected by the cover, you never know when you'll be in a driving rain storm and why leave the possibility of seepage there. I usually overbuild and seal anyway!!!
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 08:00 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
McKinney , Texas
Fan Mate 900 does not fit the actual fan in the rear of my 2007 Safari 27' front bedroom. The radio antenna gets in the way. It works great on the front vent. I will have to get a different cover for the rear fan.