Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Windows, Doors, Locks & Vents > Roof Vents, Skylights & Fans
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-16-2006, 09:43 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
Kool-matic vent - Anyone ever seen this???

Hello all -

Have what appears to be an OEM vent in the rear of SilverToy. Is similar in construction to the Maxx-aire... but in aluminum. Has a wall mounted rheostat thermostat and fan on/off switch.

The problem with it is that it cannot be closed against drafts - top is always open and interior is a simple register type vent. Chilly. The upside to the KM is that there is a HIGH speed motor on it that REALLY! vents tremendously when the unit temps are up there....

AirStream Santa was nice enough to bring a Fan-tastic Vent (all the bells and whistles) to replace the KM. Wondering if this is worth keeping (authenticity), or if there is any interest from anyone that might want it (if there is no RV Antiques Roadshow value ).

Never seen this brand mentioned anywhere - nor is there any mention under the search button, at least not in my spelling version. Anyone??

All the best of the Holiday Season to all of you!

Axel
SilverToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 10:29 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
Photos coming!

Will get some photos of the Kool-Matic tomorrow when there is daylight - and hopefully some SUN! Been cloudy for 2 days straight - nearly unheard of here in the supposedly sunny SW....sigh.

Ah well, could be worse!

Ciao

Axel
Old 12-19-2006, 12:52 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
They are out there - I SAW them!!!!!

Did some classified ad searching and found the Kool-Matic's on at least 2 or 3 trailers that are for sale. They all seem to be near/around the 92 time frame, and they are all rear vent mounted. So I know they exist! And are likely OEM.

Where is the AS historian, maybe he can tell me when this piece of equipment was mounted, for how long and why it was stopped. Fred Caldwell, are you listening???

Come on folks, tell me that yours has it!!! Photos coming!

Axel
Old 02-13-2010, 04:03 PM   #4

1991 35' Airstream 350
Carpinteria , California
kool matic air vent

i have a 1991 airstream motorhome and my koolmatic air vent just broke. i dont know if it was the thermostat or the motor, as it worked great yesterday. i took the cover off and everything looks good, but no hum when i engage the unit.
anybody have some ideas? i think the company stopped making parts in 2006
thanks

david
blugem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 04:05 PM   #5

1991 35' Airstream 350
Carpinteria , California
if you can no longer use it, i can probably use the parts to fix mine. i am more than happy to pay for it. please send a few pix. to blugem@cox.net

thanks
david
blugem2 is offline   Reply With Quote