Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2011, 03:55 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1974 25' Tradewind
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Col. Station , Ohio
Is this right?

Can someone tell me why the two rear vents (the ones with no fan) on my 75 TW open towards the front of the coach? I was thinking of putting on one of those Max-air covers so I can leave the vents open most of the time, but I think I would need to face the covers to the rear if I want to travel with the vents cracked open.

Thanks.
Flynavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:20 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Oakley , California
My 76 Argy is the same way.
Phrunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:35 PM   #3
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
The original vent covers opened straight up and down, with spring-loaded hinges in the center of the cover to keep the covers level on the way up and down. If yours have hinges at one end, they are not original.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:54 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1974 25' Tradewind
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Col. Station , Ohio
OK, that makes sence now. The vent in front, with the fan, opens straight up like it should. If I add vent covers and want to leave the vents open I need to change out the lids or live with a more or less backwards setup.
Flynavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:18 PM   #5
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynavy View Post
OK, that makes sence now. The vent in front, with the fan, opens straight up like it should. If I add vent covers and want to leave the vents open I need to change out the lids or live with a more or less backwards setup.
When we first bought our Sovereign, the rearward-most vent had a Maxx-Air cover on it, pointing forward, instead of backward. It never came off, and I'm sure we got some air circulating through there when towing.