Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2018, 07:12 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Fort Worth , Texas
Interior Fan

I recently bought a Caframco fan for use in our Airstream FC 27FB. I would like to put it on either the bathroom wall or above the TV, facing our queen bed. Any recommendations on where to get 12V for the fan?
billrector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 07:45 PM   #2
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Niagara-on-the-Lake , ON Canada
I have two Caframo Sirroco II fans, one on each end overhead cabinet. I took 12V power from the wires powering the reading lights.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:47 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure.AS View Post
I have two Caframo Sirroco II fans, one on each end overhead cabinet. I took 12V power from the wires powering the reading lights.

How is the air flow? I thought it might be better if the fans were on the foot of the bed?
Old 04-20-2018, 09:56 PM   #4
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Niagara-on-the-Lake , ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by billrector View Post
How is the air flow? I thought it might be better if the fans were on the foot of the bed?
Excellent. I prefer to have the fans aid in circulation rather than blowing directly on the bed. However, they are easy to aim in almost any direction.

You will be happy with the quietness of the Sirocco II fans and also the timer function.
Old 09-19-2020, 11:19 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' International
Moncks Corner , South Carolina
I’m wanting to pull Power from light switch in the bedroom to wire a 12volt Caframo fan .
I have 1red 1 white 1 black and 2 purple wires . Which is + and which is negative or does it matter ? Sorry but electrical is not my strength any help would be appreciated!
Betterboat
Betterboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 03:52 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betterboat View Post
I’m wanting to pull Power from light switch in the bedroom to wire a 12volt Caframo fan .
I have 1red 1 white 1 black and 2 purple wires . Which is + and which is negative or does it matter ? Sorry but electrical is not my strength any help would be appreciated!
Betterboat

A DC motor will typically run backwards if the pos. and neg. are reversed. Your best bet is to get and use a multi-meter (voltmeter) to check each wire.