Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2005, 07:38 AM   #1

Hehr roof vent question

Does the operator for these vents pop into the bracket holder by aligning the two studs protruding from the bracket with the two holes in the ring of the operator itself? Mine keeps popping out. It is a s though the bracket won't squeeze tightly enough to hold the operator in place. I was was considering using a rivet to replace the studs. Is this the way it was originally designed? Has anyone solved a similar problem by doing this or something else?
pgajkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 08:25 AM   #2
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
The lifter for the vent goes into those two small studs. That's the way it was designed. Maybe with the lifter out, you cound force the two arms closer together and put the lifter back in. It is possible the arms have lost their tension over the years because of the vent being taken off so many times.

FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote