Old 08-21-2011, 07:06 PM   #57
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by w7ts View Post
When FV sent my IN-OUT switch, they enclosed a brochure that showed a portable 3 speed 12V fan call the "Endless Breeze".
Ken
We have had an Endless Breeze for years. When we first tie up and the trailer is heat soaked, we point it forward at the couch so we have a cooler place to relax. It is amazing what a breeze does to help us feel cooler even when the trailer interior is still in the 90s.

At night the EB blows cool air into the bedroom. Our cats love the moving air at floor level when it is hot. All three will be curled up in front of the EB.

I have installed 4 12v outlets at floor level so we can use the EB anywhere in the trailer.

WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:15 PM   #58
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
We have had one for years also. It's a great. quiet little fan that has many uses. The FF people back this unit the same as the FFs. I broke a foot on mine once and another time the plug came apart and a few parts wound up in the grey tank. Both times the company shipped me the replacement parts at no charge.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:18 PM   #59
Rivet Master

Hays County , Texas
I dropped my Endless Breeze and broke both feet (the fans feet, not mine). They sent me replacements at no charge. The feet are the one delicate feature of the fans.
WBCCI #9632
Old 08-21-2011, 07:23 PM   #60
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster View Post
another time the plug came apart and a few parts wound up in the grey tank.
Richard, I've gotta ask—how did the parts end up in the grey tank? Were you "fixing" the plug over the sink? Washing it? How come they didn't stay in the P trap?

Glad you weren't doing this over the toilet.

Gene
Old 03-01-2012, 02:05 AM   #61
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
I'm in the process of trying to buy a reverse switch for my fan. But, in reading thru the above posts, I'm not quite sure about the placement of the new switch. Does the reverse switch replace the on/off switch that aready comes with a 6000BTA fan?
Old 03-01-2012, 08:25 AM   #62
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
I'm in the process of trying to buy a reverse switch for my fan. But, in reading thru the above posts, I'm not quite sure about the placement of the new switch. Does the reverse switch replace the on/off switch that aready comes with a 6000BTA fan?
IIRC, yes...it's the big flat rocker switch (about 1/2" by 1"). I think the original was just an on/off switch.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:17 AM   #63
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
dznf0g,
Thanks for the information. It was the last piece of the puzzle for me.
I'm currently awaiting a call back from the Fla. folks so I can order the switch. Seems other supply houses want to sell the entire upgrade kit in order to receive the reverse option. That upgrade kit for the 6000BTA (my model) starts at $111. OUCH!
Old 03-21-2012, 06:06 PM   #64
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Had a chance today to install the reverse switch I had ordered at the beginning of the month. Cost from Dottie was $35.00. The switch now comes with a couple of wires and connectors attached to the switch and a diagram of how a 6000rbta needs to be wired.
Although, I found that with my set up I needed an additional 8" piece of wire and a connector to extend the fan power wire. All was done from inside the coach.
A 15 minute job if you are a little slow. It took me 20!
Old 03-21-2012, 07:17 PM   #65
Rivet Master

1999 23' Safari
Perrysburg , Ann Arbor
Quote:
A 15 minute job if you are a little slow. It took me 20!

Wowee, you sound like my kind of electrician! ... except that for me a job like this usually requires at least two, sometimes three trips to the hardware or automotive supply store, and I wind up with two new tools and a whole bunch of crimp-on wire connectors that always seem to get lost before the next minor wiring job!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:45 PM   #66
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirsDream View Post
Wowee, you sound like my kind of electrician! ... except that for me a job like this usually requires at least two, sometimes three trips to the hardware or automotive supply store, and I wind up with two new tools and a whole bunch of crimp-on wire connectors that always seem to get lost before the next minor wiring job!

What is really scarey, is that you discribe exactly what I usually go thru doing most jobs too!
Today was an exceptionally good day.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #67
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
What is really scarey, is that you discribe exactly what I usually go thru doing most jobs too!
Today was an exceptionally good day.
Plumbing is like that for me. That's why good plumbers have such big trucks—there are too many different fittings to carry everything in most trucks.

Because we have a large shop/garage, most of the tools live there. When I do a job in the house, I never remember all the things I need and make numerous trips back and forth, 150' each way. But when I do a job in the shop, all sorts of critical things are in the house. Sometimes my wife helps by going to get what I forgot and most of the time she comes back with the right thing. Most of the time means that when I am most tired, she comes back with the wrong tool.

Gene
Old 03-22-2012, 10:18 AM   #68
Rivet Master

Hays County , Texas
The worst thing I ran into in installing the reversing switch was a terrible stiff neck from working overhead.

I virtually always have enough tools in the trailer. My toolbox rides under the bed cover in the truck when the trailer is in use and migrates to the trailer when the trailer is in storage. A plastic bin full of various small parts and coils of wire lives in the under bed storage. I am prepared for most problems on the road or in storage.
WBCCI #9632
Old 03-22-2012, 11:58 AM   #69
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska View Post
The worst thing I ran into in installing the reversing switch was a terrible stiff neck from working overhead.
Me too.

If you reverse the wires to the fan motor, it will run in reverse all the time at no expense except for a little more wire and some connectors.

Gene
Old 03-22-2012, 01:39 PM   #70
Rivet Master

Hays County , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
Me too.

If you reverse the wires to the fan motor, it will run in reverse all the time at no expense except for a little more wire and some connectors.

Gene
True. I did that temporarily before the switch arrived. Didn't need anything, just switched the push-on connectors.

Ours blows in about 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time, it is awfully nice to have the ability to have it blow out. Especially so since it was totally free in my case because they sent me the switch for free.

WBCCI #9632

Tags
reverse switch, fantastic fan