Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2013, 05:15 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
2007 20' Safari SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Wesley Chapel , Florida
Fantastic Fans & MaxxAir Best Deals

Hi guys,
We are in need of your advise regarding where are the best deals for either a Fantastic Fans 6000RBTA or a MaxxFan 7500K, either of them will work and we need 2!!
Thanks for your time
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1_MaxxFan_Smoke_1.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	186404   Click image for larger version

Name:	model_6000.gif
Views:	175
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	186405  

2 chronicles 7:14
VeggieBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
cannot comment on the MaxxFan however Fantastic fan has always provided, at least to me, great customer service
urnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:53 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
2007 20' Safari SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Wesley Chapel , Florida
thanks urmor,
We currently have 2 fantastic fans in the Avion and 1 in the Safari and we are extremely happy with them.
Now its time to work on another project and that's the reason for the 2 extra units.
No doubt that Fantastic Fan has a great Customer Service!!
Old 05-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Hinckley , Ohio
Camping World has them on sale now. With a Good Sam Membership you save more.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:08 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
1977 31' Excella 500
Berkeley Springs , West Virginia
Panther

Hey Veggie!

I got three of the Maxxair Deluxe fans from Panther RV last year for my 34 footer. They had the best deals anywhere.

They have the Maxxair 7500 for $258 right now. Did a quick Google shopping search and they came up the cheapest still...

I didn't need the automatic one due to my roof being low enough to reach, so I got the manual ones. They work great. You can leave them open in a driving storm and no water leaks in. Very nice units.

I was going to get the Fantastic Fans. I've heard nothing but good about them. But I liked that with these you aren't relying on a rain sensor to close them if you're away. These are designed to work OK in the rain with the vents open. You'll be fine with either though.

Panther RV Products

Best of luck!
Old 05-28-2013, 05:30 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
2007 20' Safari SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Wesley Chapel , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigventure View Post
Camping World has them on sale now. With a Good Sam Membership you save more.
Hi Big Venture.
thanks for the info, we will look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGolden View Post
Hey Veggie!

I got three of the Maxxair Deluxe fans from Panther RV last year for my 34 footer. They had the best deals anywhere.

They have the Maxxair 7500 for $258 right now. Did a quick Google shopping search and they came up the cheapest still...

I didn't need the automatic one due to my roof being low enough to reach, so I got the manual ones. They work great. You can leave them open in a driving storm and no water leaks in. Very nice units.

I was going to get the Fantastic Fans. I've heard nothing but good about them. But I liked that with these you aren't relying on a rain sensor to close them if you're away. These are designed to work OK in the rain with the vents open. You'll be fine with either though.

Panther RV Products

Best of luck!
Hi Jim
Thanks for the input! We were actually looking into every search engine and were shocked about how pricey the fancy fans had become
We were blessed that the 2 fantastic fans that we installed in the Avion were from a great member of this forums and will like to thank again to SilverBee for them, so far they are still on since October and the rain sensors work great. No one single yet.
Honestly didn't plan on investing over $500 in 2 fans, but I guess if that is the case we are tending to check the MaxxAir since we are very curious about running them during rain and as ceiling fans with the AC but again we were not aware of the prices, we were under the impression that they should be around $150, I guess the inflation that the economists from DC never got us is here but nobody told us???
Old 05-28-2013, 05:46 AM   #7
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
One of the first mods that I did to my new (then) '06 19CCD was to replace the Fantastic Fan with a MaxxAir Fan and add a second to the dead vent over the bed. FF has great customer service for sure, but I needed units that would work in the rain, as I had a continual flow thru the trailer with one drawing air in and the other pushing out. Never needed the A/C.

The only way to get the FF's to do this in the rain is to install those big, UGLY covers that stick up all the time. The MaxxAir's cover folds flat to the roof when not in use.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:50 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1999 23' Safari
Perrysburg , Ann Arbor
Here's one more idea: check the Fantastic web site, or give the factory a call (I've called several times on various things, and they're happy to talk to customers or potential customers) ... it used to be that they went to a lot of rallies and RV get togethers (not just Airstream events!) and if you bought from the factory team at the rally, they'd install for you FREE! That could save some $ and certainly quite a bit of effort.
AirsDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:06 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

1999 27' Safari
Palo Alto , California
I just bought two 6000RBTA fantastic fans from Panther RV - best prices I could find by a wide margin, particularly given no sales tax.

1999 27' Airstream Safari + 2011 Mercedes GL 350 Turbo-diesel + 2021 Ford F150 Platinum Hybrid w/ 7,200 Watt Pro Power
ddruker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:09 PM   #10
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewster View Post
One of the first mods that I did to my new (then) '06 19CCD was to replace the Fantastic Fan with a MaxxAir Fan and add a second to the dead vent over the bed. FF has great customer service for sure, but I needed units that would work in the rain, as I had a continual flow thru the trailer with one drawing air in and the other pushing out. Never needed the A/C.

The only way to get the FF's to do this in the rain is to install those big, UGLY covers that stick up all the time. The MaxxAir's cover folds flat to the roof when not in use.
Yeah, the cancer tumors on the roof need to be cut down and never allowed to re-grow.

slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:29 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2005 28' Safari S/O
Paradise , California
The Maxxair will probably suit your needs better if you have a lot of rain and weather. It is more enclosed and will keep the rain out, but will not provide as much ventilation with the fan off as the FF. I have two FF's and since I live in CA, rain is not a big issue. I like to just open the vents without the using the fan on most occasions and the FF is great for this. Also, you may want to compare the fan decibel level between the two. I know the FF is very quiet...not sure about the Maxxair.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:36 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
2007 20' Safari SE
Vintage Kin Owner
Wesley Chapel , Florida
I couldn't find any info regarding the noise level on the maxxair for the CFM in theory is better than FF.
Can anyone that has MaxxAir comment on the noise level?
thanks
Old 07-07-2013, 07:46 AM   #13
3 Rivet Member

1999 34' Excella
Cinnaminson , New Jersey
I have a pair of MaxxFan 5100 keep your eyes on Amazon they are on there once and a while for really good prices. The Maxxfan 5100 is now $212 right now if you have prime you get free shipping too. Cant beat that.

Maxxair 00-05100K MaxxFan Ventillation Fan with White Lid and Manual Opening Keypad Control : Amazon.com : Automotive

The manual ones are fine for me in an Airstream the roof ins only 6" above my head and they can run in the rain and no issues. As for noise they are quite loud when on high speed... IMO no louder than a Fantastic fan at high speed but seriously they move so much air I dont ever use em on high. My suggestion is always this: If you already have a Fantastic then I would NOT switch it out for a MaxxFan.Just add a cover. But if you are changing out old fans or vents I like the MaxxFan over the Fantastic. The MaxxFan has 10 speeds and can dial in airflow better, has what they call ceiling fan mode just run it with the lid closed it does circulate air in the room, has a auto reverse just push the button and it slows, stops and reverses on its own and it also has a 78* button. set it and the fan comes on over 78 and turns off under 78*... Fantastic has none of this but its cheaper. 2 pics of my installed fans are here:
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f455...ns-106746.html
excellaf350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:05 AM   #14
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
I have a big ole ugly white MaxxAir cover over my Fantastic fan. I have heard they make silver ones. I might paint mine silver- and the a/c covers as well.
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:51 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Fort Bragg , North Carolina
purchased three of the 6000 RBTA FF from Camping World on sale down from $349 at $179 ea with my life member which with the 5% rebate covered the shipping. Cost for all three was $625.18. These included the automatic sensors (open and close) and thermostats with the black tops (life time warranty) as that is what is the color of the bottom of our rock guard and propane tanks now.

Let you know how they work as we are pulling all the old fans out and replacing them just to have them for boon docking down the road. Quite the savings with the discount.

SL4BLLT
SL4BLLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:06 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL4BLLT View Post
purchased three of the 6000 RBTA FF from Camping World on sale down from $349 at $179 ea with my life member which with the 5% rebate covered the shipping. Cost for all three was $625.18. These included the automatic sensors (open and close) and thermostats with the black tops (life time warranty) as that is what is the color of the bottom of our rock guard and propane tanks now.

Let you know how they work as we are pulling all the old fans out and replacing them just to have them for boon docking down the road. Quite the savings with the discount.

SL4BLLT
What did you replace light covers and lights with? Thks. Bill
featherbedder is offline   Reply With Quote