Old 07-26-2016, 09:18 PM   #15
Sbb
begorragirl

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Denville , New Jersey
Never saw that little light, my fan is working. So Atomic, I climb on roof to do pin maintainence? Gezznot sure how to do that as my ladder not that high.

2001 Teardrop, Mountain Hardware Tent
For some perfection takes a little longer...
Sbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:53 PM   #16
CRH
Rivet Master

1995 25' Excella
xxxxx , xxxxxx
You can pop out the screen from inside the trailer and use a spray can extension to squirt the switch with cleaner and oil. You most likely can reach the plunger with a finger to move it. If not use a tool.

Old 07-28-2016, 03:21 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Finally got around to calling Fantastic Fan...now owned by Dometic....a bit ago, and they were their usual excellent selves.

They told me the red light is on the circuit board, which can't be seen from below, and checking it requires getting on the roof.

There is a 7 year warranty, Sharon sent me an email confirming the coverage, and a repair place in Watertown, SD, will check it for me tomorrow.

Maggie
Old 07-28-2016, 03:38 PM   #18
Overland Adventurer

1991 34' Excella
2009 34' Panamerica
Telluride , Colorado
I suppose you could reach the pin by removi g the screen and rraching it from inside. My hands are too big to fit between the fan blades.
Im looking at my pin switch as I post this
Old 07-28-2016, 03:55 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
1999 34' Excella
Davidson County, NC , Highlands County, FL
I have had at lease 6 different Fantastic Fans, but none of them have had a red light. So, I'm curious about that. Do those with the red light have a remote control?

I just returned from a few days of camping, where one of my 17 year old Fantastic Fans no longer responds to changing the thermostat position. The fan runs whether the setting is at max hot or max cold. I assume it's the thermostat gone bad. Anyone had this problem?
Old 07-28-2016, 04:04 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Sharon at FF told me the red light is on the circuit board, and began with the 2014 models, which is when ours was replaced. It has no remote control.

The red light on mine has not come back with the fuse replacement, so something is wrong there.

I tried to get the screen off, to look at that pin, but it didn't want to come off and I was afraid of breaking the screen framework.

I'll have them show me what and how to do that tomorrow.

Maggie
Old 07-28-2016, 04:16 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
1999 34' Excella
Davidson County, NC , Highlands County, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox2A View Post
I own a 25', '04 International CCD, with forward and aft ceiling fans/vents. The fans are not working and I've checked all of the fuses etc. and the manual info. is not helpful in terms of problem solving. They do not appear to be 'dirty' etc.. Is there a 'trick' to these fans, other than having the vents open at least 3"? Power seems to be getting to the Fans, given their millisecond start, but they don't continue. Thanks in advance for any feedback etc..

Barry

Trout Lake, Wa.
When you say there is "millisecond start" do you mean you hear something activate, or do you see the lid start to raise?

I hear that noise sometimes when the lid up/down switch is in the lid down position. Make sure that switch is in the correct position.

I've also have had the lid get stuck after being closed for an extended period. Pull down on the largest knob then turn it to open the lid manually. Doing this should start the fan if the thermostat is calling for cool.

Remember the fan speed knob has to be on 1, 2, or 3 to make the lid open and the fan turn on automatically.
Old 07-28-2016, 04:24 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Maggie, the first time you take the screen off from the inside, it seems like you are going to break it. But it flexes and eventually comes free. There is a area wth a slightly raised edge that you can start at. I had to take my fan blade off for some reason on our last trip, I can't remember why, but it too was hard to get off after removing it's holding screw. But it all came as described in the users/installation guide. Putting the fan back you have to align it just so so it doesn't rub against the screen. It all came together about the third time I redid it. A step stool helped to reach everything easily.

Mike

Mike
Old 07-28-2016, 04:38 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Thanks, Mike.

I have taken it off once, to clean the blades, but it was an ordeal.

I clean the screen by vacuuming it.

Since the red light is out, and looking at that requires a repair person getting on the roof, I didn't persist with removing the screen.

Maggie
Old 07-28-2016, 04:49 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Eugene (Tracktown USA) , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeinated View Post
Maggie, the first time you take the screen off from the inside, it seems like you are going to break it. But it flexes and eventually comes free. There is a area wth a slightly raised edge that you can start at. I had to take my fan blade off for some reason on our last trip, I can't remember why, but it too was hard to get off after removing it's holding screw. But it all came as described in the users/installation guide. Putting the fan back you have to align it just so so it doesn't rub against the screen. It all came together about the third time I redid it. A step stool helped to reach everything easily.

Mike

Mike
Maggie, I had mine off recently on an educational mission since I was dealing with the seals coming loose.
In case you want to try again, as Mike mentioned, start at raised edge...push the flange portion of the screen in at least an 1/8" inch to release the little tab, then pull down. There are maybe a dozen or so, so work your way around the edge. After you've released 3 or 4 tabs, you can start to pull the down & off.

In the image you can see the tab at the edge of the screen so you will know how far you need to push the edge in to release before pulling down. Also you can see the switch. Down flush is the cutoff and popped up allows the motor to turn on presuming the fan switch is on, the thermostat is on high and there is no moisture on the rain sensor.

Check your instructions if you have them. Depending on vintage you may be able to pull the fan out to access the tab.

Goof luck.

Bob

p.s. if you get it working and the screen makes noise, make sure all the tabs are snapped & locked and the flange tight to the housing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8526 (Small).JPG
Views:	35
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	267875  
Old 07-28-2016, 06:10 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Thanks, guys.

Maggie
Old 07-29-2016, 11:55 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Fixed!

The problem was a loose wire to the control panel, which Joe at Fireside Camper in Watertown, SD, fixed from the roof at no charge.

http://www.firesidecamper.com/

Maggie