Old 02-17-2014, 09:32 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1971 31' Sovereign
1972 31' Sovereign
Soddy Daisy , Tennessee
Fantastic Fan install

I have read numerous articles on the Fantastic fans on this site and I was wanting to get a little help on which type to put in a 1971 31' International Sovereign. It appears that the automatic vents with rain sensors is #1 on installing. Would it be appropriate to install one in the front and one in the rear to circulate air and one of the other models in the middle with just the rain sensor. Also my interior was removed by PO and I hope someone can tell me if I need the flat or curved interior trim for my ceiling. What is the best way to fasten to the roof, I see different ways mentioned. Will one feed from the 12v power source run three of these fans. I am a newby at this and any help will be treasured.

cole3444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:21 PM   #2
Rivet Master
1976 27' Overlander
Tampa , Florida
My vote is for the Maxxfan Deluxe. I bought 2 of them- 1 for the front and 1 for the rear. I was going to leave the middle one, because it was original vintage aluminum.... but I would have had to re-engineer the interior trim/ light assembly because I am deleting the light and going with recessed LED lights inside.

Soooo... I bought a Fantastic Non-Powered vent for the middle because of the simplicity of trimming out the inside and it was only $33 bucks from AdventureRV. I am NOT impressed. The Maxxfans are SO much nicer. The Fantastic is flimsy plastic compared to the Maxxfan. I am now regretting pulling out the original. Or at least, I should have bought another Maxxfan.

Just my 2 cents!
Mixter is offline   Reply With Quote