Old 03-03-2006, 08:04 PM   #29
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaFord
You know, I was just mentally agreeing with you. Why on EARTH would you want a remote when you're going to be within 5 steps of the fan anyway?
Tin Lizzie
For the same reason you want a remote for the car stereo in your dash, when the remote is stored further away then the stereo is...We all love our gadgets!

Old 04-27-2006, 12:37 AM   #30
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
FF Inventory?

Is there anyone that can tell me what a proper 'inventory' for a FF before install includes? I ask since I am looking at getting a used FF out of a '00 for a seemingly very reasonable $90. Want to be sure I am getting all I should be getting when I give him $'s for the fan.

Anyone with a recent install that has a 'parts provided' list you could post. Photos would be a super bonus.

Are there differences with the forward/ reverse/ rain sensor/ etc as far as possible parts lists? - other than the obvious switches & sensors stuff....

Thanks to all that help me out here.

Axel

Old 04-27-2006, 07:51 AM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

1972 31' Sovereign
High Springs , Florida
Send a message via AIM to Pick
I have about had it with my FF. I have replaced the motor drive once, and now it is stripped out again. I JB welded it, but it is stripped again. Looks like a QC issue, they press the coupling on the shaft to far, and it barely contacts the shaft on the lid operator. If it was not pressed on so far, it might grab more than 1/16" of the shaft splines. The splined shaft is made out of pot metal, so the splines are not very strong. FF replaced it, and the operator once, I have not called them again, and may not. Tired of the vent opening and closing continuously during dewy or during rain sprinkles.
Lots of Hot Sauce!
Air # 283
WBCCI 1350
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 08:42 AM   #32
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
Pick, have you called Bob Berrata at FF? You should and tell him your experience. I have met him personally, he is VP for Service and he is VERY personable and will listen to you. I have confidence in their service and their QC. Anyone can get a bad setup, so call him and see what he can do.

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 01:23 PM   #33
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
Overly complicated?

Hello all -

Just spoke to the FF factory folks. Looks like I was/am? making this more complicated that it really is. Accroding to the factory, there are really only the fan, the gasket and the screw packs, then the inside trim.

Is that really it??? What is the gasket material made out of? Since I am getting a fan out of an '00 I am thinking it will likely by less than 100%. Sounds like I could order a gasket from FF for the new install.

Again, thanks to any and all that respond.

Axel
Old 04-27-2006, 02:39 PM   #34
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverToy
Hello all -

Just spoke to the FF factory folks. Looks like I was/am? making this more complicated that it really is. Accroding to the factory, there are really only the fan, the gasket and the screw packs, then the inside trim.

Is that really it??? What is the gasket material made out of? Since I am getting a fan out of an '00 I am thinking it will likely by less than 100%. Sounds like I could order a gasket from FF for the new install.

Again, thanks to any and all that respond.

Axel
Sounds about right. I watched Bob install mine at the FF factory. If you're ever in Imlay City, MI, stop in, ask for Bob and get a plant tour. The "gasket" is expanded cell foam sheet. It's a real easy install. If I new then what I know now I would have done it myself, but they did it for free at the factory.

And, while I'm not sure, I bet they will send you a new gasket for free.

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote