I just had Camping World experience Friday, trying to purchase two Fantastic 4000r (reversibles - no thermostat) and have them do installation after driving an hour to their shop south of San Jose, CA... Their $69/unit install quote became a "soft" $160 per unit, with no assurances either of leakproof seal or damage avoidance to other wiring in the area. Primary driver seemed to be 12' holes in current roof vents (1988 trailer with big noisy motor, small useless fan blades..), and fact that new fans were 14" square... When they couldn't even make assurances of completing prior to closing time (4 hours...) I pulled out of shope and drove home...
Several comments from them and questions?
1. C/W claimed curvature over 14" so extreme seal would take multiple layers of sealing tape and look horrible and probably leak? 14" per side seems pretty close to 12" per side to me?
2. C/W worried about 110v or 12v
wiring in ceiling being cut when expanding opening.. Other than A/C wiring over rear bedroom, is this real risk??
3. FF web site and others claim there's a "curved interior bezel" for airstream strailers. Is it really needed for interior, or for exterior or both?? Does Fantastic vent supply it directly?
4. Anybody had experience buying from C/w (the $99 price for 4000r is awfully attractive..) and having Airstream dealer/shop install?? Would a real competent RV service shop be able to install without challenges??
5. Can someone reply with clue to find instalation references here on forum?