Old 09-17-2005, 09:17 PM   #29
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Northwest Panhandle , The Sunshine State/WBCCI 6637
Sealing

Today when i was washing the Airstream I took a look at the area where the fan will be going.I noticed that they put a lot of sealer around the area.About 2 inches thick away from the edge.Should I do this Also like they do it to be safe or will just a bit on the edge be good enough?I am just wondering if this is the same stuff I will be putting on the fan when i seal it.Thanks.

Devoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 05:57 AM   #30
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
That leveling sealer, the Dyco, is what Fantastic used when they installed mine. Used a HEAVY bead on the outside, AFTER the vent was installed. Nothing was used between the vent and the shell, except the foam liner it comes with. They told me that let the vent foam breathe for about 15 minutes before you put the caulk on. It lets any of the air in the foam escape after you have compressed it, so they said. I watched pretty closely how he did it so feel free to keep posting questions! John

Old 09-19-2005, 07:50 AM   #31
4 Rivet Member

2002 19' Bambi
1989 29' Excella
1980 28' International
Avon , Colorado
Send a message via AIM to rfield54
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
While I agree that the front is good, Devo, I'll be honest with you: You're going to buy the second. You will, they're that good and that cool. We only have one because the back vent is all original and we don't sleep under it. But if I was in your situation, with your coach, I wouldn't even think twice.John
John,
I'm not trying to sound confrontational, but I'm still not sure why you don't have two, yourself? Why would the originality of your back vent be an issue? Does it have a fan? It would seem that your coach, being longer than Devo's, would more of a candidate for two. Just curious. I too am considering a pair for my Bambi, so I've been following this thread. - Roy

AIR #2753

www.roybloomfield.com
rfield54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 08:45 AM   #32
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoman
Today when i was washing the Airstream I took a look at the area where the fan will be going.I noticed that they put a lot of sealer around the area.About 2 inches thick away from the edge.Should I do this
I would so something simialr, but neater than what the production line did.
Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq and millions of others are by far the most popular with about 70 million machines in use worldwide. Macintosh fans note that cockroaches are far more numerous than humans and that numbers alone do not denote a higher life form. -NY Times 11/91
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 01:09 PM   #33
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Fan

So i dont really need this sealer stuff called Butyl.It looks like thick putty shape in to a long roll and 1 inches wide.

Old 09-19-2005, 01:13 PM   #34
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Sealer

Yea ... I plan to.It looks as if they got happy with it and started to use there fingers in it.I am waiting on the sikeflex to get here in the mail.I think it would be better to just use this to seal the fan with.I just want to be safe.

Old 09-19-2005, 07:58 PM   #35
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Thumbs up Fan

Well i got it in the mail and i just finished it with the Butyl and Dyco sealer.Those things worked out really well.I like the putty tape style stuff that goes under the vent to seal it off.Then the self leveling stuff was cool to.Someone had said earlier that i probably will buy a second one.I think they might be right.This is worth every penny spent.Now on to the electric jack.I would like to say thanks for all the help everyone has givin me you all are great.

Old 09-19-2005, 08:39 PM   #36
3 Rivet Member

1999 34' Limited
1962 19' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Northern , Minnesota
Fantastic is a great company with a great product and great customer service. I installed one in a 1999 34 limited and didn't need Airstream garnish beacuse the roof is almost flat anyway. I own 2 of them and have had no problems. They are quiet and they move alot of air. I have had no problems with the rain sensor or the temp control.If you are not wanting to do the install yourself call fantastic and see when they will be in your area. They send install crews to many major RV events. Camping World also sells them. Good Luck.