Well, I did it again. I ripped out the overhead tambour cabinet on my '76 G/T to replace the delapidated panel over the sink with new laminate material. In my haste, I neglected to pay attention to the wires I cut - duh!
I'm attaching a picture of the mystery wires and the switch that activates the fan - the fan works 'cause I tested it with a 12v
battery charger. I have a voltmeter but don't know how to test for the hot wires - do I just put the red lead on the wire and ground the black lead anywhere or do I need to touch another wire?
I'm not good with schematics but am somewhat intuitive on figuring electrical stuff out. I'm guessing the the wires that come off the switch need another "power" wire to run the fan when in battery only mode and when plugged in.
Any words of wisdom to help enlighten me is greatly appreciated!
I'm guessing on the switch, the lower portion that is Red is the HOT terminal - good guess?