Old 08-01-2015, 09:06 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
1976 31' Sovereign
Morehead City , North Carolina
Question Combination ceiling light and vent replacement

I have a 1976 International 31' Sovereign. The ceiling lights in the main living area both have issues and I would like to completely replace or repair them. The main issue for both is that the cranks to raise the vents doe not work (one is completely missing so prior owner used screws into ceiling to hold it in place) and the other the crank shaft is stripped so it does not raise or lower. The one that is in the front (with missing crank) has a fan in it and one of the blades is broken off. To repair these (assuming rest of electrical and moving elements are working which I am skeptical of) is it best to just try and replace the cranks or should I find replacemetn vent/ceiling light setups? Where would I get the parts?

rowesean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 09:21 AM   #2
Rivet Master
1973 21' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
A popular move is to replace the entire vent with Fantastic Fans. I am not advocating this replacement, but the point is, that there are almost certainly all the components you need to repair your vent lifters and fan assemblies sitting in some Airstreamer's garage out there. You might put a "want" ad on the the Forums Classified ads. Silver Trailer Supply also sells some used stuff, and if you are patient, you might find them on Ebay.

good luck!

Belegedhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 10:10 AM   #3
Rivet Master
1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
Fantastic Vent is the way to go, check it out at Vintage Trailer Supply. Fan-Tastic Fan Vent
Don Hardman
1976 31' Sovereign
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote