Old 09-25-2006, 01:55 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member
2005 25' Safari
Person County , North Carolina
The vent covers are crap. I had the front cover replaced on our 2005 25SS before we took delivery in May of this year. I noticed last month that the rear cover was cracked.

I called the dealer and ordered a new one. I inquired about warranty coverage and was told that it was covered but I'd have to bring the trailer in to have it replaced. My dealer is about 70 miles each way so I opted to pay the $20 or so for the cover including shipping and will change it myself.

Fortunately I had Maxx Air vent covers installed or my hi-dollar camper would be taking on a lot of water through the crappy vent covers in the roof.

Why a manufacturer would skimp on a product in such a vunerable location is beyond me.

kevino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 04:52 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member
2005 19' International CCD
Colorado Springs , Colorado
19' Bambi makes for a tight fit

I just finished replacing my first vent cover on '05 19 footer today (bought it new in February). Not only is the plastic cover junk but installing a new one on a 19 footer is next to impossible because the AC is too close to the vent to allow the Jensen cover to be installed as intended. I removed the AC shroud and still did not have enough room to get the cover on. I had to bend the metal half of the hinge that is welded to the vent and still had a difficult time. BTW the AC cracks ever so slightly every time you touch it. From the sounds of all the previous posts I think that I had better get good at replacing the cover. I am thinking about how to modify the vent or just replace it. Any suggestions?

WBCCI # 5630

Pikes Peak, Colorado
Colo_StreamN is offline   Reply With Quote