Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2005, 06:52 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1977 27' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Send a message via Yahoo to dustyrhodes
Question Bathroom fan vent?

I am presently in the top down stage of restoration, attempting to seal the leaks. There is a bathroom vent/fan that I would like to replace but am not sure where to start looking, or what the original may have looked like.

At present, I put aluminum tape over the opening which peaks out on the heavens with a burned out fan underneath. The opening is only about 4 inches, although I have not measured. The top is open and there is no hat, no cover, no nothing.

Does anyone have knowledge of this fan? with what appartus I can replace it, where I find it, what am I asking for, and what the original looked like in case I have to improvise. It can't possibly have been an open hole to the elements. I am mystified>
dustyrhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 07:08 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
Do a forum search on "bathroom fan" and go down to my post (davidz71) on "polishing again". You will see a couple pictures of what is in my '77 Excella 500.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 08:17 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1977 27' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Send a message via Yahoo to dustyrhodes
Craig,
Thanks for the lead. I am still unclear on what exactly is supposed to be in the fan that prevents the water from pouring in. Mine is identical to yours on top. Inside I don't have that cover but fail to see how that prevents water from flowing in. Is there something that is supposed to be inside on top of the fan that opens when you switch on the fan. Mine is a completely open system. Of course the plastic cover that is in your picture on the inside is missing, but even that would not stop the rain.

And anyway "Who'll stop the rain?"

Thanks,
Jennifer
dustyrhodes is offline   Reply With Quote