Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Windows, Doors, Locks & Vents > Roof Vents, Skylights & Fans
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-21-2010, 06:43 PM   #1
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
Anyone need parts for old ceiling fans ???

I just took the plunge and began the project to replace 2 of the original AS ceiling fans with new Fantastics. I removed the old ones and did the cutting and fitting to make the installation. If anyone out there in
AS land has the need for any of the old fan parts just let me know. I was pretty rough on the housing. It was a PITA to grind the rivet heads off and I think the housings are pretty well trashed but most of the other internal stuff is there and works. The fans & motors, the electricals for the florescent tubes. One was wired up and worked. The other has not worked since we got it. And today I found out why. When I removed it the wires were not hooked up. So, I don't know if the light unit will function or not. The lifting mechanism on one of them is broken. That's what initiated the replacement project. The transparent plastic covers are in good shape.

Anyone, these are trash to me. If anyone out there is doing a restoration project and has any use for these things PM me and let me know. For the postage one of them can be yours. BUT WAIT. If you order right now you can get TWO yes (2) for the same low price.

I'll hold them for a week or so then they are off the the trash.

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:17 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Cleveland , Tennessee
I have an interest in them. I only need the fan related parts. Motors, fan blades, mounting brackets. No lighting parts for me. PM me with shipping cost. I'll forward payment.

ricky

AIR 22749 WBCCI 2349 NOVA TAC TN-6
1989 345 LE Classic Motorhome
3 Dog Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 06:28 AM   #3
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
Let me know your zip code. Are you interested in parts for both fans ???
I have the internal plastic shroud ( yellowed ) but feels pretty sound. Both fan motors, blades and mounting bars. Are you interested in the outter transparent covers ??? I'll look around for a box later today and estimate a weight.

Thanks,

Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

Old 09-19-2010, 12:21 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1991 34' Excella
Colleyville , Texas
Question vent parts?

I am so new at this I do not know what end is up; either at posting questions on this site; replying or trying to fix up a 1991 34' Excella we just bought.

Anyway. Vent fan parts; older ones. probably too late for ones you had and they may not be what I am lookin for anyway. But I do need what I think is called the elevator screw; fits into a stationary block; reverse thread screw; about 3/8" diameter x 6". I know be smart to just replace with new fantastic vent but that is more than I want to get into now. If i can just locate that screw and block be worth it to me to just replace that for now. Airstream use to make this but quit making this vent in early 90's they said.

I can send picture of the part also.

my email is jim@ge-development.com happy to hear from anyone.
griffithj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:12 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1973 25' Tradewind
Bloomsbury , New Jersey
HI! I'm just up the road in Hunt. Co. Ringoes to be exact. I need a vent handle ( the one you raise it with, plus screw) and if it's the same as a 73- the cover for a fan/vent. Let me know if you still have the parts. I work part time in Raritan, at the Agway, could pick them up when I'm down there if ok with you. MPJ
moparjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:12 AM   #6
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
Well Mopar, this just may be your lucky day. Over the past few weeks I've tossed everything EXCEPT the handles. Don't ask me why, I had them in my hand and just couldn't toss them. They are small enough to take up no space so what the heck. I just held onto them. Anyhow, they are at my sons house in South Brunswick where we keep the trailer. I'll pick them up tomorrow and get back with you and arrange a meeting. If they will work for you , they're yours.

I live in Somerset so I'm sure we can find a convienent place to meet.

Roger

PS: I have a friend that lives over closer to Stockton. Do you know Roger Locandro, Rutgers Prof. retired ????

Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

Old 10-08-2010, 09:29 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1973 25' Tradewind
Bloomsbury , New Jersey
WHEW! wow, thanks. No, don't know Rodger, but my trailer is stored in Stockton, weird huh? I am scheduled to work at the Raritan Agway (77 Thompson st Raritan) on SUNDAY the 10TH. Does that day work for you? MPJ
Old 10-08-2010, 10:10 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
THE RANCH , Texas
Howdy.....I too have removed lots of parts from my 92 Excella.....ceiling fans, curtain rails, bathroom overhead cabinet (no lights..only hanging wires), shower folding door, front gaucho with matching yardage (fabric).I will have other items later. If you can use...let me know (PM)...I can transport to DFW ....blessings....Callie

HOOK 'EM HORNS!!! GO TEXAS RANGERS!!!

TAC TX 42
callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:51 AM   #9
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
John, I don't think Sunday will work. I hope to pick them up today. Once I have them in hand I'll get back with you and make an arrangment.

See ya,
Roger

Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

Old 10-11-2010, 06:55 PM   #10
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
I PM'd you the other day but no response yet. If you're still interested I have them in hand. I'll be out of town but if you send me your address I'll drop them in the mail as soon as I get home. Let me know if your still interested.

Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

Old 02-20-2011, 08:45 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member

1990 25' Excella
Foley , Alabama
Send a message via Yahoo to voxmaestro Send a message via Skype™ to voxmaestro
Do either of you still have the shrouds for the 6" ceiling vent fans? I would be interested in those... I need 2.
voxmaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:28 AM   #12
Rivet Master

1973 25' Tradewind
Bloomsbury , New Jersey
I don't, sorry. MPJ
Old 02-21-2011, 08:03 AM   #13
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
Sorry I didn't hang onto any of the fan parts. The shrouds were not in very good shape. I suppose they could have been used but they had yellowed and had some cracks from my, not so gentile, handling. They were pretty brittle and fragile.

Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18