Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2010, 07:29 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Owings Mills , MD
Replacing the screen frames

I have all of the screen frames for the '67 Overlander, but some are in pretty rough shape. I know how to replace the screen material and shouldn't have any trouble with finding spline to fit. Replacing all of the screen clips should help to keep the screen frames in place... but still, I wouldn't mind replacing the frames. I know there are some "salvage" sources from other threads, but what options do we have for new frames?

Oh, and an odd question. What size/material of screws do you use for the fasteners? I'm missing about two-thirds of my clips and the screws look like "po" mix-and-match.
hampstead38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:33 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by hampstead38 View Post
I have all of the screen frames for the '67 Overlander, but some are in pretty rough shape. I know how to replace the screen material and shouldn't have any trouble with finding spline to fit. Replacing all of the screen clips should help to keep the screen frames in place... but still, I wouldn't mind replacing the frames. I know there are some "salvage" sources from other threads, but what options do we have for new frames?

Oh, and an odd question. What size/material of screws do you use for the fasteners? I'm missing about two-thirds of my clips and the screws look like "po" mix-and-match.
I would try my friendly, local independent Ace/True Value hardware store or local glass and screen shop.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clips, frame, screen