Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Windows, Doors, Locks & Vents > Windows & Screens
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-05-2015, 11:24 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2015 30' Flying Cloud
Westport , Connecticut
Removing screens for repair and/or cleaning

Hi again everyone:

My partner and I took out ONE screen this morning for cleaning. ONE. It took a LONG time. And he jammed his finger once we started the second window so we decided to turn to the forum of experts. Maybe there's an easier/better way of doing it?

Are these screens meant to be removed?

Some screens have small holes. I want to have FLAWLESS screens for obvious reasons. I LOVE nature but don't love bugs IN my trailer if I can help it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks kindly.
Kira
KiraR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 11:26 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Ponce Inlet , Florida
I use a damp microfiber cloth. It cleans screens very well.
bunni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 11:40 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Davidson , North Carolina
Kira, I have the same problem. I also removed one screen and managed to get it back without spurting too much blood. It seems there should be an obvious answer but haven't found it yet.

I also wondered about how to maintain the window mechanisms. Another friend with a 2000 Safari opens the windows with the knob as much as possible and then goes outside to lift the window so it forms a 90 degree angle to the opening. Wow, it let's in a lot more air but I only tried it on my front two windows. The rubber gaskets are in the way on the side windows.
DutchTreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 11:05 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2001 30' Excella
Full-time traveling , Hmmmm. what day of the week is it?
Do you have to remove the 9 screws from the inside and take the entire metal frame out to clean or replace the screen?
JBBeaubeaux is offline   Reply With Quote