Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Windows, Doors, Locks & Vents > Windows & Screens
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-26-2006, 09:29 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Woodlawn , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Angel73
Unhappy It won't stick.....blank _____!

I have tint and pulled the vista window out twice now and cleaned it and put it back...It won't not seal for nothing what am i doing wrong,Am using trempro nice bead around the window then putting it in place letting it set for three days before touching and its still leaking both times.....Should i fell the frame with a pretty thick bead too?
Old 05-27-2006, 05:38 AM   #2
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel73
I have tint and pulled the vista window out twice now and cleaned it and put it back...It won't not seal for nothing what am i doing wrong,Am using trempro nice bead around the window then putting it in place letting it set for three days before touching and its still leaking both times.....Should i fell the frame with a pretty thick bead too?
I take it you are trying to reseal the vista view glass to the frame? On mine I used A LOT of Vulkem between the glass and the frame, then wedged the glass in place with some thick tubing to hold it in place. Then went around on the outside with a bead of sealant too. So far no leaks in the VV except from the new window from the factory and that one has finally been sealed.

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 05:43 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
It may be a hue mistake, but I finally decided to take mine out. I've never liked the idea of the sun beating down on that poorly insulated panel, anyway.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:00 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Woodlawn , Tennessee
yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc
I take it you are trying to reseal the vista view glass to the frame? On mine I used A LOT of Vulkem between the glass and the frame, then wedged the glass in place with some thick tubing to hold it in place. Then went around on the outside with a bead of sealant too. So far no leaks in the VV except from the new window from the factory and that one has finally been sealed.

Aaron
I didnt have much of a choice when i went to remove the last vista window(the plastic one) to scrap off the old tint to replace with new both windows came out...Guess that exsplain some more of the leaks we where having in the rear....Now if i can just get it to stick going in for the third time...wish me lucky
Old 05-27-2006, 09:10 PM   #5
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Angel,
Sounds like the retainer clip is missing or not doing its job. I don't have the same style window as you do. I have the newer version. If you look in Photos section someone did a complete rework of the style of vista views that you have.

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Old 05-27-2006, 09:29 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Woodlawn , Tennessee
Humm

Quote:
Angel,
Sounds like the retainer clip is missing or not doing its job. I don't have the same style window as you do. I have the newer version. If you look in Photos section someone did a complete rework of the style of vista views that you have.

Aaron
ill look again for pic ...but i didnt see then before...there are two clips on the bottom only..... should there be more on each window?If so do you know who would have them?
Old 05-28-2006, 05:06 AM   #7
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel73
ill look again for pic ...but i didnt see then before...there are two clips on the bottom only..... should there be more on each window?If so do you know who would have them?
Angel,
I was under the impression that it had a big retainer ring that went all the way around ? I will see if I can find the pictures, they might have been in a thread too.

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Old 05-28-2006, 09:34 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Woodlawn , Tennessee
Quote:
Angel,
I was under the impression that it had a big retainer ring that went all the way around ? I will see if I can find the pictures, they might have been in a thread too.

Aaron
yeah there is a silver retainer ring that goes against the second plex window is this what your talking about...But all it does is hold the second window in place and keeps the first window from falling out...lol like it did on me when i removed the ring....lol