Old 08-02-2010, 07:25 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
The OEM windows on my 71 was very thin single pane. I replaced them with double pane windows from a 75. I rebuild one of the windows that had condensation which was enough for me to not want to do the other. The gaskets are different and not available new. I found easier to float the new window panes in Vulkem than try to reuse the stretched out brittle gasket. A quicker alternative is to break out one of the double panes.

Sail on silver girl. Sail on by. Your time has come to shine.
Lumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 02:32 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1971 21' Globetrotter
Arvada , Colorado
Originally Posted by batt View Post
Aerowood, Thanks for your input. So there are screws which are visible only after the windows are removed! Again I just want to make sure we are both talking about the curved side windows. Also since you have been through this Please enlighten me on where you purchased the aluminum U channel that holds the wing window to the main window since they say it can not be replaced. What type of butyl tape did you use between the pains of glass. Did you set the frame in flat butyl tape? Finally did you get a good seal?
I was able to salvage and reuse the dovetailed channel. I only needed one pane of glass and just bedded it in sealent in the frame as the gasket was shot. Get in touch with Zep as he is the widow wizard
Airstream Forums - View Profile: Zeppelinium about where to get the butyl tapes.

Aerowood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:12 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1971 21' Globetrotter
Arvada , Colorado
Out-of doors mart have the dovetail splice bar

Windows and Related Parts : Out-of-Doors Mart!, More Airstream Parts on-line than anyone!
Aerowood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:57 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member
1974 25' Tradewind
Berryville , Virginia
aerowood did you make the flight?

Just checking to make sure you are still with us, since you said you had to make a flight and would get back to me! Like to know your base on replacing the windows per my questions. thanks.

batt is offline   Reply With Quote