Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Windows, Doors, Locks & Vents > Windows & Screens
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-14-2007, 10:00 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1956 22' Flying Cloud
West Linn , Oregon
Question Factory glass thickness '56 Flying Cloud

Anyone know what the thickness of the glass is? Picture window on street side has been leaking. I have 1/8 inch glass in there now, but it is not factory. I have sealed the glass but still have a small leak. I have just received new rubber window seal from Vintage Trailer Supply, but it's not very thick and wont fill the area between the window frame and the glass. I can't get the glass any tighter to the inside window frame without breaking the glass, it just wont curve that much. Right about the middle of the window frame there is about a 3/16 inch gap between the glass and the frame that is about a foot or better.Im kind of at a loss as to how Airstream was able to get the glass close enoght to the frame to be able to put the rubber seal in and not have the window leak? I have check the window flange that the rubber seal connects onto and it is straight. About the only thing I can think of is to pull the window, again, and bend the window flange in towards the glass, bringing it closer to the glass so the rubber seal will seal beteen the frame and glass. Any other ideas out there?
Dan Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote