Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2008, 07:00 AM   #21
Lost in America

2015 27' FB International
2006 25' Safari FB SE
2004 19' International CCD
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Don't have the part numbers at hand but with the manual and help from the folks at Inland RV, they can help you locate the right parts.Specify left or right. Basically it is the track, arm and knob plus the fuzzy trim. Also need the mounting bracket for the glass. About $40 with shipping.
mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:41 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Delton , Michigan
Talking rear egress window screen

HI... I have a 2007 19' Bambi with the rear emergency escape window. I wanted screened ventilation on a hot night. I unlatch the latches and use a narrow strip of cedar to hold the window open. I made a window bug screen. Bought a yard of dark, 'cat-proof' heavy duty screen and some 3/4" velcro stripping. The bathroom wall overlaps the right edge of the window just and inch or so... creating a problem. However, there's just enough room to attach the receiving side of the velcro sticky-back strip and push it tight with a butter knife or finger. Then I cut little notches in the velcro stripping so I could bend pieces around the curved corners. Surrounded the whole window frame. There's a nice 3/4" (approx). flat edge on which to attach the velcro. Then I cut the screen to exact size with curved corners, to overlap over the velcro. My plan was to sew the fuzzy side of the velcro stripping to the screen, backed with a narrow black velvet strip on the inside for additional support. It was to hard to sew by hand as the velcro sticky-back grabs the needle and leaves sticky residue making hand-sewing nearly impossible. Solution: I stapled all around the edges in a double row! I made three little 'tabs' along the bottom for pulling the screen loose at the bottom... so you can reach in, undo the latches and place the 'stick'. It works great! The staples are plenty solid and permanent. I pull one or two tabs loose at the bottom (left and center ones usually), unlatch the window and place the stick. I even went 'high-tech' and made 3 different lengths of sticks... . They all fit in the window frame channel so are all always at hand and don't get lost. All can be done quickly and easily from inside.. Total cost under $10.
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:27 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

1994 21' Sovereign
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduroryda View Post
Mine is kind of puzzleing.... I have the rear split glass for the lav and screened other half. The only problem is the only way you can access the window is to unscrew the screen to get at the release arm. It has the emergency cord to rip if need be. Can't understand why they would put a screen in there if you can't use it. I've only gotten in there to silicone the window gasket.
This is something that has puzzled me since I brought my '94 Sovereign 21' home last year, my '99 Bambi 19' has exactly the same layout in the rear(except no window in shower ) but lacks the screen that prevents one from opening the window.

I decided to spend a little of my lazy Sunday afternoon searching the forums to see if there was an explanation for the mystery. What were they thinking when they put this together?

Looks like it's just another do-it-yourself project for me.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote