Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2003, 08:54 PM   #1

Broken front right curved window

While under tow the window to my 1975 Argosy shadowed, I presume my pickup pitched a stone. It is thew front window on the right side and it curves around the side. Can an Airstream dealer get new windows for this vintage.

Can somthing like lexan be used instead of glass. What are my various options what costs amd skills are needed for this to be repaired.
RREGESTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 09:05 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Austin , Texas
Bummer,

I had a 78 Argosy with those same front windows. I have heard they are available from Airstream but only come in a solar grey tint, your originals are clear. You could possibly find one n.o.s. ( new old stock) somewhere or get one from a salvage unit but the chances of that are slim. Forget about Lexan, those windows have a compound curve which cannot be replicated with a flat piece of material. I know because to tint them you must use section the film into three pieces. Some of us Argosy owners were debating on the possibilities of breaking one some months ago, too bad for you but now we know it can be done.

Chas
Chas is offline   Reply With Quote