Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Windows, Doors, Locks & Vents > Windows & Screens
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-03-2011, 12:39 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1973 26' Argosy 26
pacific grove , California
Argosy Front Wrap Windows

Does any one know if Argosy and Airstream Windows are the same configuration? Finding a replacement is hard enough, it would widen the options if they're the same template. Looking for some knowledge on this. Thanks JD
asilomardad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:47 PM   #2

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
I think the problem is that by the time they were installed on silver trailers, they were using tinted glass. As far as I know, all the OEM panos on Argosies were clear. I'm pretty sure the only new replacements available are tinted, so you'd have to go for NOS or salvage to get clear to match the other side.

Rock guards are on my list, for this weekend's trip I'll just be crossing my fingers.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:08 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64

Airstream dealers and authorized service centers can order new deep-wrap wing windows that will fit our Argosy coaches, with the one caveat being that the only color is deep smoke tinted . . . the clear deep wrap wing windows that were utilized in our coachs have been obsolete for a decade or more at this point. You may luck out and find a New Old Stock unit from a long-time dealer, but this is a long shot. If you must have the clear, about your only hope is finding one in an RV salvage yard like Colaw's in Missouri.

Good luck with your investigation!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:25 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 28
Tuscola , Texas
Bought my Argosy this weekend. Didn't even make the trip home and already a rock broke one of my deep wrap windows. Any help on a fix or replacement would be great.
saburkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:12 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64

Greetings saburkha!

Welcome to the Forums and the world of Vintage Argosy ownership!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saburkha View Post
Bought my Argosy this weekend. Didn't even make the trip home and already a rock broke one of my deep wrap windows. Any help on a fix or replacement would be great.

If you are willing to accept a deep-tinted replacement wing window, a trip to your nearest Airstream dealer or authorized service center will permit you to order a new replacement window. If, however, you want to maintain the original clear wing windows, you will be faced with searching salvage yards. You might try the following:Please be prepared, whether used or new, the wing window is likely to be a rather expensive part . . . my guess is that a used window will likely be close to $375 while a new window may be in excess of $750.

Good luck with your investigation!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:31 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 28
Tuscola , Texas
thanks Kevin. Yeah, I got a quote on a new one for $955 shipped with rivets. I may try a Lexan temporary fix for now.
saburkha is offline   Reply With Quote