Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-26-2011, 07:30 PM   #1
New Member
 
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Mobile , Alabama
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2
Adding Larger Windows 1974 31ft ??

I would like to put larger rap-around windows on the front and back of my A.S. What A.S. larger rap-around windows will fit on my 31ft A.S. rear bedroom? And where can I get them?

We also plan to add window to our A.S. doe's some have any pic's of what they have done??

John Joe
__________________

__________________
YohnYoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:20 PM   #2
Well Preserved

 
1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 20,190
Welcome to the forums. The Panorama windows from any 96" wide Airstream or Argosy trailer or motorhome will fit.
__________________

__________________
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
Terry
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:58 PM   #3
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
 
Inland RV Center, In's Avatar
 
Corona , California
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 16,499
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by YohnYoe View Post
I would like to put larger rap-around windows on the front and back of my A.S. What A.S. larger rap-around windows will fit on my 31ft A.S. rear bedroom? And where can I get them?

We also plan to add window to our A.S. doe's some have any pic's of what they have done??

John Joe
In order to use the wrap windows, you must also add additional structure within the walls that you cannot see.

That would require removal of either the interior or exterior paneling.

Wrap windows are available from parts stocking dealers.

However, sticker shock may set in once you know the price.

Four of them would cost over $3000.00, plus shipping. Then you would have to weld in the additional framing to boot, that would cost at least another almost $1000.00, plus shipping.

Great idea, but an expensive one.

Andy
__________________
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:04 AM   #4
New Member
 
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Mobile , Alabama
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In View Post
In order to use the wrap windows, you must also add additional structure within the walls that you cannot see.

That would require removal of either the interior or exterior paneling.

Wrap windows are available from parts stocking dealers.

However, sticker shock may set in once you know the price.

Four of them would cost over $3000.00, plus shipping. Then you would have to weld in the additional framing to boot, that would cost at least another almost $1000.00, plus shipping.

Great idea, but an expensive one.

Andy
Where can I get some good used window that you are taking about?
__________________
YohnYoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:42 PM   #5
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
 
Inland RV Center, In's Avatar
 
Corona , California
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 16,499
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by YohnYoe View Post
Where can I get some good used window that you are taking about?
Probably from a salvage yard somewhere.

However, you will still need to modify the front and rear shell.

If not, you will break every one of those windows.

Andy
__________________
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Interesting Craigslist finds GreatPumpkin Our Community 2095 07-11-2017 09:13 PM
Double Pane Windows perryg114 Windows & Screens 4 09-12-2011 05:30 PM
Airstream Excella 500 Land Yaht 1974 31ft. eBay Watch Airstreams on eBay 0 07-18-2011 05:10 PM
Adding a larger grey tank to a 78 Tradewind johnhh Waste Systems, Tanks & Totes 3 04-04-2011 01:43 PM
'73 Tradewind Windows Vista and Front Sides constructor Windows & Screens 8 01-28-2011 06:44 AM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.