Old 08-11-2002, 01:37 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member
Mukilteo , Washington
Send a message via Yahoo to Cat
Acrylite (Smoked, Curved & Installation)

Craig's post...: Are you looking for the CURVED Corner Windows?
Andy? Can these CURVED pieces be gotten? In the "smoke" colour Acrylite...? How about the straight pieces for the "Vista" windows in the smoke Acrylite.???

I've wondered about the 'skylights'''...what are they called...? ..."Vista" windows? I see lots of other models in RV parks,,with ALGAE growing INSIDE them! What causes this? I just DEFINITELY want to prevent that from happening to Bear!

HOW MUCH IS IT ANDY? How does anyone recommended replacing them. I notice mine (Vistas) have a textured vinyl 'band' holding the 'glass' in. (Like a strip of putty).
So, how is this removed and then how is it replaced?

*Cat's Vardo "Bear" (1981-32ft.Excella)[/u] to meet good people in good Parks[/i]
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 05:58 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member
Here's another goofy thread.
It seems that there may have been preceding posts at one time, but that they have been removed. Not sure about that but it is so frustrating to stumble across such a lack of continuity.
Cat asks good questions and apparently gets no answers. Go figure that with all the "knowledge" on this forum.

If a post in a thread is at one time say #4 and subsequently #s 1,2,and3 disappear does post #4 then aquire the label of #1?
Is this fixable (by the Organic Wizard) so that a thread could retain its initial # ?
The advantage would be to signal to us uninformed that something prior had been removed.

Hit'nMiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 06:42 PM   #3
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
Corona , California

Cat is a very good customer of ours.

Sometimes, a seemingly simple question, can take considerable time to answer, even if your a fast typist, which I am not.

Therefore, sometimes it is easier and far less time consuming, to call that person and answer the questions.

Unfortunately, others don't know what the answers were.

Many times, a simple question, simply answered, generates many other questions, and that is the basic purpose of this site.

As a business owner, I do not have the privilege of having much time, that I can spend on a computer. I have many owners who call daily. There are days that I must field as many as 100 phones calls, or better. That does not leave much time for typing.

There are several others who can answer questions, from their experiences, and/or their knowledge. Two years ago, this site was in it's infancy. Today, it's tremendous, with several thousand members.

Some members just read, some answer questions, some offer advice both theoretical and practical, some complain, some sit back until they can get on someones case, some promote businesses of their choice, and some post
erroneous information or supposed facts. A few have personal negative agendas.

You, therefore must weigh the various posts, and make your own choices, and decisions.

Human nature, and all too easily, encourages people to complain, but seldom compliment.

You may find many other "old" posts, that seemingly were never answered. Today, that's a rarity.

This site owner, and his appointed moderators (without pay) try very hard
to make this site the best. Unfortunately, they do not have any examples to work with, or to use as guidlines, since there has never been a site such as this one.

Therefore for them, as well as most of us, it's a collective learning process.

In time they have made many additions, corrections, and sometimes deletions.

They are not perfect, but do listen to suggestions.

On a scale of 1 to 10, they easily rate a 9.99.

Perfect no!! But what or who is?

Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 01:59 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member
Mukilteo , Washington
it just gets weirder and weirder

[I]Well said Andy.
I say quite modestly that I must be only a 'fair' customer. "Good" I can't stand up to I don't think. But, thanx for saying so anyway. "HitnMiss"-es comments about missing questions is well taken, especially since I've quite forgotten whatever question this whole thread refers to.

I HOPE I ask good questions. I THINK what's being referred to, must be the one I had about the electrical wires I found melted in my refrigerator access compartment---melted right to the 'floor' of it.

and, btw, Andy, thanx for the phone # to Airstream's techs; a fellow there by the name of "Sonny" was very nice and conferred with all the techs there at Airstream, and NO one knew anything about a "red & black" wire running from back to front of the rig ( on the roadside ). But, as you suggested Andy, and Sonny backed you up---CUT them clean, and (electrical) tape them CLOSED, so they don't short anything out. Good advice.

Thanx for the kind words everyone...I do try
*Cat's Vardo "Bear" (1981-32ft.Excella)[/u] to meet good people in good Parks[/i]
Old 05-23-2005, 02:04 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member
Mukilteo , Washington
Question now up

Ok..NOW I see...the post with my question didn't show up until AFTER I posted my post.. 'go figure'. There's ONE not-so-good question "the Cat" had.