Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Windows, Doors, Locks & Vents > Windows & Screens
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-10-2007, 12:24 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1996 34' Excella
scottsdale , Arizona
'96 excella 1000 sky light

The sky lights on my 34 foot excella 1000 that I am purchasing seem to need replacement, can this be done by a so-so handyman? Also is parquet suitable for the living kitchen are of it?

Thanks
Arizona Guys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 03:29 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1996 34' Excella
Bethel , Vermont
Send a message via AIM to Folkie53 Send a message via Yahoo to Folkie53
I have a 34 foot excella 1996. I lost mine during a hurricane. Don't ask I had mine replaced by a RV service center here in Florida. I don't trust my baby to anybody. I'm obsessive that way. I have a hard wood floor in my kitchen and living. I am a floor installer so it was easy. Just be sure and caulk the edges in the kitchen and you should be fine.
Folkie53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:55 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Arlington , Virginia
Hey Folkie53, what kind and what brand of floor did you put down in your trailer? I have a 25' 96 Excella and I want to pull the rug up and probably put a laminate floor down.
Streamer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:27 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1996 34' Excella
Bethel , Vermont
Send a message via AIM to Folkie53 Send a message via Yahoo to Folkie53
Streamer, I used Hartco for several reasons. The first and foremost is that it is an engineered product. Everything is going to fit the first time. There is no having to jam stuff together or any of that. It has an aluminum oxide finish that is extremely durable. One caveat is that it will eat up saw blades if you lay down enough of it in a day. On your case no worries, you won't be laying 600 square feet in a day. I am supplying a link to the Lowes'. web site for the information on the product. There is no law that says you have to buy it there. Shop around at some of your mom and pop flooring stores for the best deal. Some will have odd lots of flooring brought back for credit from a job that was mis-figured. It happens all the time in this business. Here is the link: Lowe's Home Improvement. Good luck with your project.
Folkie53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:51 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1994 34' Excella
Arabela , New Mexico
Also replacing vents

I bought my 94 excella 1000-34 footer (1/07) and just replaced the bedroom fan with a shurflow similar to a fantatic fan at camping world..I prefer to let experienced professionals handle things like roof work, gas , and electricity...dont want any leaks in any of those..good luck...Ernesto
ernesto ca is offline   Reply With Quote