Old 04-11-2008, 10:54 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
Edmonton , Alberta
'69 Window Frame Help

Hi,

I have a '69 Soverign Land Yacht. Not having an Airstream Dealer in my area I took my baby in to a reputable RV dealership to have work done. They did fantastic work with exception to one of my window frames which they unfortunately twisted. Now, when I close my window it does not properly seal. I am looking for the window frame that is on the drivers side (road side) that is just before the fridge wall and right above the corner unit. If anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about, I will try to be more specific, but there are 2 windows, one goes over the fold-out dining table and the other, the one I need, is right next to it and goes over their little corner unit that has wine storage, corner cupboard, etc. I should be able to reuse the glass, or get Lexan cut, but just need the frame. Any ideas on help???

R

Old 04-11-2008, 01:05 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1975 23' Safari
1978 31' Excella 500
Franklin , Indiana
Send a message via Yahoo to DPeakMD
Do you need the frame that goes around the glass, or are you talking about the part attached to the shell of trailer, too? A picture of the problem would probably help. Could it be the hinge at the top is not fully engaged? The windows often need adjustment, like if you had new gaskets installed, then you'll need to readjust the latches to get it to close.

Fortunately, I believe side windows in a '69 should be compatible with the windows used throughout the 70's. However, there were some larger than standard windows used on occasion in some years/models. Those would be harder to find.

WBCCI/VAC #8481
AIR #9
W9CDC
.-- ----. -.-. -.. -.-.
DPeakMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 01:21 PM   #3
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPeakMD
Do you need the frame that goes around the glass, or are you talking about the part attached to the shell of trailer, too? A picture of the problem would probably help. Could it be the hinge at the top is not fully engaged? The windows often need adjustment, like if you had new gaskets installed, then you'll need to readjust the latches to get it to close.

Fortunately, I believe side windows in a '69 should be compatible with the windows used throughout the 70's. However, there were some larger than standard windows used on occasion in some years/models. Those would be harder to find.
Dallas.

There is a huge problem with all the 69 opening windows and frames.

The hinge is very different from 1970 and up trailers.

As an example. if you try to install a 1970 on up opening window in a 1969, the hinge will snap all the rivets.

The only option is to take the 1969 window hinge off, and install it on a 1970 and up window.

Window frames only are available.

Depending on the condition of the frame that is riveted to the shell, they usually can be repaired.

Andy

Andy