Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Windows, Doors, Locks & Vents > Windows & Screens
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-08-2014, 02:20 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1964 19' Globetrotter
little river , California
'64 Globetrotter window glass dimensions

Hi everyone. I need to replace the glass in some of the windows in my 64 globetrotter. The windows measure about 22"x29" and I was wondering if anyone knows the exact measurements for the glass I'll need to get? I'm afraid of buying glass and being off by 1/4 inch or something. Would be my luck. Thanks in advance!
jessejane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:02 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1960 24' Tradewind
Riverside , United States
All the windows use a 20.5" tall glass, the true replacement glass is tempered and curved on the sides, flat front & rear, your 29" is correct.

Greg
Old 01-08-2014, 03:14 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1964 19' Globetrotter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg@AirLA View Post
All the windows use a 20.5" tall glass, the true replacement glass is tempered and curved on the sides, flat front & rear, your 29" is correct.

Greg
The windows on place don't appear to be curved, but I'll double check. Thank you for the measurements!
Old 01-08-2014, 03:48 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1964 19' Globetrotter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg@AirLA View Post

Greg
Ok, sorry to be a pain. I remeasured the windows and they do appear to be about 20.5 " tall, but they are definitely less than (my original measurement) 29". They seem to be about 20.5"x 27 1/4" wide. It's hard for me to get an exact measurement of the glass because I'm not sure where the glass begins and ends under the grey glazing strip. I hope that makes sense?

So does anyone know the exact measurement of the glass for this particular window in a 64 airstream globetrotter?

Also, can somebody tell me how to/direct me to a link to remove the windows to replace the glass? I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the frame out. Thank you!
Old 01-08-2014, 10:56 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1964 19' Globetrotter
If it helps, here are a few pictures of the kind of windows I'm talking about. I need to figure out how to remove the window so I can replace the glass in the two broken windows. I just got the glazing strip, tape, seal and everything I need. I just can't figure out how to remove the window. It's probably something simple, but it's driving me a bit nuts. 
Name:   ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389246975.412684.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  38.0 KB
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389246991.086397.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	253.9 KB
ID:	203228Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389247001.204119.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	265.6 KB
ID:	203229

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2014, 07:47 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1960 24' Tradewind
Riverside , United States
My mistake, I gave you info for the 66-68 windows.
I have a 1960 myself and replaced my broken windows with a material called MAKROLON, it's a plastic thats scratch resistant, won't craze or crack, yellow, it's like LEXAN. I set it in a bed of Sikaflex, then glazed the outside with Sikaflex.
I used 1/4" thick and wow what a difference, not as much heat transfer and the sound barely penetrates the plastic.

Greg
Old 10-16-2014, 11:40 AM   #7
GlamperGirl

Working through the threads I was trying to find data on the 65 Globetrotter windows, There are some windows that were replaced with plexiglas and sticky nasty silicone. A lovely job awaits me as I seek all data I can gather on the process for replacement of these windows. The types of window is flat. WIll add some photos.
thumbelinadj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 01:00 PM   #8

1964 19' Globetrotter
Rapid City , South Dakota
Window dimensions

@jessejane
Were you ever able to figure out the exact dimensions of the side windows or do you recall what you cut yours at? I have an identical trailer and need some for mine. Thanks
vino is offline   Reply With Quote