Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2013, 06:37 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2001 25' Safari
Wayne , New Jersey
2001 Safari Window Screen removal

Our Safari has the window knob (round) straight thru the screen. How do you remove the screen for cleaning? I did unscrew the knob only to find a type of crank shaft sticking out. Thanks for any suggestions.

Name:   2001 Safari Window.JPG
Views: 312
Size:  45.5 KB
TincanRitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:27 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2005 28' Safari S/O
Lakeland , Florida
You need to remove the white trim piece around the entire window. We had a tech show us this at the Factory this past summer. He said it is much easier to use a vacuum to clean the screens, if that is your goal.
mike28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:23 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2001 25' Safari
Wayne , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike28 View Post
You need to remove the white trim piece around the entire window. We had a tech show us this at the Factory this past summer. He said it is much easier to use a vacuum to clean the screens, if that is your goal.

Thank you for the info, I appreciate your input. I had contacted Airstream Customer Service and this is the information they had sent me.

Hello, to take out the screen you will need to remove the handle ( there is a screw in the middle of the handle ) and then pull out on the bottom of the screen frame to take out the screen. It is held in by some clips.

The screens pop out easily, I actually felt silly on just how easily they came free. I was able to wash them, as well as reinforce the area where the handle pops thru the screen.
TincanRitz is offline   Reply With Quote