Old 05-29-2008, 11:32 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Eureka , California
doorgunner, that looks like what i am missing

I assume my tv came with the vaccumm thing, as that is what the owners said, and there is a sealing type of pressure lock that attaches the tv to the airstream.
Sure could use that lock doorgunner, pass it on when you are done with it!
I just put a new floor in the trailer this weekend... used ideas from this forum, got the armstrong tack type of floor that is floating, and glues to itself. It looks good. I will post pics, but I think it has to be in the flooring forum.

Thanks all for replying, I am pulling her for the first time on the 23 rd of June, up to Hornbrook Ca from Eureka. Not too much punishment, she has been all over mexico with the po's.

Wish me luck, never pulled anything that big before, plus I will have 5 kids with me...
Before I head out, I am attempting to reseal all the seams etc. Trying to figure out all the caulking is rather confusing. Even on the airstream site, they have a picutre of vulcum, when you click on it, the picture changes to silkflex, and the text description uses tem pro 635, gosh 3 products in one...check it out for fun.... https://store.airstream.com/product_...roducts_id=162

Old 05-29-2008, 11:44 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by magna1111
I assume my tv came with the vaccumm thing, as that is what the owners said, and there is a sealing type of pressure lock that attaches the tv to the airstream.
Sure could use that lock doorgunner, pass it on when you are done with it!
I just put a new floor in the trailer this weekend... used ideas from this forum, got the armstrong tack type of floor that is floating, and glues to itself. It looks good. I will post pics, but I think it has to be in the flooring forum.

Thanks all for replying, I am pulling her for the first time on the 23 rd of June, up to Hornbrook Ca from Eureka. Not too much punishment, she has been all over mexico with the po's.

Wish me luck, never pulled anything that big before, plus I will have 5 kids with me...
Before I head out, I am attempting to reseal all the seams etc. Trying to figure out all the caulking is rather confusing. Even on the airstream site, they have a picutre of vulcum, when you click on it, the picture changes to silkflex, and the text description uses tem pro 635, gosh 3 products in one...check it out for fun.... https://store.airstream.com/product_...roducts_id=162
They are all the same product.

Bill

Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 12:38 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Eureka , California
Thanks for the photo doorgunner

Thats the handle, I am trying to find it so it can temp, solve my door not closing problem. I think the dead bolt part will hold the door shut.
Unable to find one yet,
Old 06-02-2008, 12:56 PM   #18
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by magna1111
Thats the handle, I am trying to find it so it can temp, solve my door not closing problem. I think the dead bolt part will hold the door shut.
Unable to find one yet,
That lock was a replacement for the Keeler Brass lock, made by GM, (not general motors).

However it has not been available for several years.

We have a replacement for both those locks.

Andy
Old 06-02-2008, 01:10 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Eureka , California
Andy, when I placed my order last week....

Your nice person said she was the only one working that day, and would ask about that part when others returned, I just did not know what part number to use. Ok, now that you have it, I will call back and try to explain it again to the person that answers.
Ty