Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Windows, Doors, Locks & Vents > Doors & Locks
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-16-2006, 03:24 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
quitman , Louisiana
Twist And Shout- Let Me In!!!!

OK, MY 69 SOVEREIGN AND I ARE PLAYING WORK AND DON'T WORK WITH THE DOOR KNOB-- WILL LOCK FROM OUTSIDE WITH ORIGINAL KEY-- BUT IS THERE A MAGIC WORD OR TWIST THAT MAKES IT LOCK FROM THE INSIDE? I CANNOT FIGURE IT OUT-- PREVIOUS OWNER SAID YOU JUST TWIST THE KNOB- ??????? WHICH WAY- WILL I HEAR A LOCKED SOUND-- HELP FROM ANYONE WOULD BE APPRECIATED-- THANKS-- LOCKED OUT(NOT IN) IN LOUISIANA--- K
artisan765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 04:33 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan765
OK, MY 69 SOVEREIGN AND I ARE PLAYING WORK AND DON'T WORK WITH THE DOOR KNOB-- WILL LOCK FROM OUTSIDE WITH ORIGINAL KEY-- BUT IS THERE A MAGIC WORD OR TWIST THAT MAKES IT LOCK FROM THE INSIDE? I CANNOT FIGURE IT OUT-- PREVIOUS OWNER SAID YOU JUST TWIST THE KNOB- ??????? WHICH WAY- WILL I HEAR A LOCKED SOUND-- HELP FROM ANYONE WOULD BE APPRECIATED-- THANKS-- LOCKED OUT(NOT IN) IN LOUISIANA--- K
M 68 Globetrotter had a dead bolt on the inside. Where is Quitman LA?
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 04:40 PM   #3
Vince & Virginia

1969 21' Globetrotter
Riverside , California
On our 69 Globetrotter, with what seems like the original knob, you twist the inside knob to the right (clockwise) and it locks. (Doesn't matter if the door is open or closed.)

Be really careful though, you can lock yourself out all too easily. Always keep a set of keys in your pocket or leave an access hatch unlocked for a young'n to crawl through.

Virginia
Towster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 05:37 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
quitman , Louisiana
its about half way between Shreveport and Monroe- North central-- we're on a farm in the middle of nowhere--I had a dealer drive out to buy some furniture from me- I do handpainted furniture and she asked me how we found this place- --- with a helicopter?? drop by if your ever coming this way-- lots of room to park -- just watch out for the cows , donkeys and horses--- later--- k
artisan765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 11:55 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
sounds like my kinda place. sorta like Rabbit Hash, Ky., where a friend lives & you have to dodge chickens all over the place. Maybe rabbits too, or maybe they all got made into hash already.

I'm growing to despise the whole concept of "neighbors."
Old 08-01-2006, 09:35 AM   #6
Mudmuffin

1991 29' Excella
1993 30' Excella
Crossett , Arkansas
Quitman, La is not all that far from Crossett Ark. Did your lock problem get fixed? On my trailer the key is stuck in the deadbolt lock. Turns the bolt just fine but will not come out in any position. I may have to remove the lock from the inside.
mudmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote