Old 09-14-2011, 01:04 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anywhere & , Everywhere
The furnace/water heater covers run around 80 bucks ea give or take. The last stove vent hoods that Airstream had were made from aluminum and not stainless steel like the one I got at RW 4-5 years ago and is now on its third Airstream. Have no idea if/when they might have these back in stock. I'll be in JC next Mon and will look around but it would probably be best to give them a call. Very helpful and friendly folks run the store.

Old 09-14-2011, 01:09 PM   #30
3 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
1969 31' Sovereign
Ft. Worth , Texas
We were lucky enough to have purchased our Airstream and these fancy fabricated pieces from Roger Williams. Wonderful, wonderful people. Had to shut down the Airstream portion of their dealership for different reasons. As far as I know, these pieces were fabricated from an individual in Weatherford who may or may not still make these. PM me with info if you're looking for them, and I'll see what I can find out.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:11 PM   #31
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopariac View Post
I live right up the street from Roger Williams Dodge/Airstream and they are still in business...Ordered parts just the other day.
SO......is that your final answer??

The Roger Williams AS Store is...............CLOSED.

Bob

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:27 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
Not sure if RW outsourced the manufacture or got them from a vender.
Bob
I have some of the first ones ever made. David put them for me on while I had my disc brakes installed at RW years ago. I stood there and watched him install the furnace and water heater and I installed the stove vent myself when I returned home.

David said that he took the three OEM parts to a local shop that did stainless fabrication and asked them to duplicate them. For the water heater, he said that he took an older part that he felt was a better fit than the current part. He had piles of the parts in the back room. Sometime later, he sold parts to the Airstream store.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:15 PM   #33
2 Rivet Member

2002 27' Safari
Churchville , Maryland
Critique - Roger Williams Stainless Steel Vent Outlet

My Roger Williams Range Hood Vent Outlet arrived today. While I give it the highest grade for appearance, I have to do just the opposite for functionality. There are no flap retention devices. The flap does not hang low enough relative to the back plate to prevent water entering. A lot of day light can be seen between the flap and the back plate. The flap does not lay flat against the back plate. The hood is not sealed to the back plate but that is minor because some S-M sealant would fix that.

The vent cost me $20 plus $13.40 shipping from TX to MD.

My plan now is to replace my 8 year old plastic vent with another like one, hopefully with better results.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:01 PM   #34
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Cable,

Was curious about the spacing you describe, had to take some pic's, this is how mine looks now after four Seasons. Maybe yours is made differently.
No leaks and no problems because of the lack of the retainer clips, the door really doesn't need them to lay flat and doesn't flap in the wind.
I used length of 1/8"ID clear plastic tubing to help seal it against the panel.

Hope this helps....

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07762.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	179.4 KB
ID:	140242   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07765.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	185.9 KB
ID:	140243  

Name:	DSC07767.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	287.3 KB
ID:	140244  

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:53 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cable View Post
My Roger Williams Range Hood Vent Outlet arrived today. While I give it the highest grade for appearance, I have to do just the opposite for functionality. There are no flap retention devices.
I have used mine for years with no trace of water leakage, even when using a carwash wand. The flap is heavy enough to not need retention. That is one of the good features.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:05 PM   #36
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anywhere & , Everywhere
Have used mine for 5 years on 3 different trailers and no problems of any kind including leaks. The flap is heavy enough it doesn't need anything to hold it down.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:28 AM   #37
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
On the characteristics of the fan vent flapper an older post of 2Air's and how he trimmed and sealed the parts contained full post here...

Quote:
the stove vents from texas are stainless not aluminum, but they don't have retaining clips either.
Quote:

i've found that a small magnet keeps it closed tightly and even when i forget water doesn't seem to enter during travel.

the wimpy stove fan is overmatched by the heavier door flap, so ya gotta use high speed to raise it...

And this evening I saw this from the October 2011 Blue Beret...

Dave Schumann, General Manager
Customer Relations Group
Hello again from downtown Jackson Center!
Well fall is fast approaching and everyone seems busy either winding down from a busy summer or getting ready to hit
the road traveling to warmer climates for the winter. We will soon be switching from Customer Service calls pertaining to
refrigerators and Air Conditioners to Furnaces. Welcome to Fall!!
I wanted to take a moment and share with you some things our Service Center and Store have been working on based
on feedback at recent rallies and customer letters.
The first items would be Atwood water heater and furnace doors; we have been selling stainless steel replacement door
and furnace doors for the last several years. At the recent Alumapalooza Rally customers indicated they would prefer the
door edges wrap around the sides of water heater and furnace. We have made those changes and there is now an approx.
3/16” flange that wraps around the furnace and water heater frame. You would use the same hardware and exhaust vents
from your current doors.

We also have developed a Stainless steel Range exhaust vent in lieu of the current plastic version.

Alternative Water
Heater and Furnace
Doors
Water heater door
-PN: 39765W-02
Furnace Door

–PN: 39764W-02

Name:	ss doors.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	141099

Alternative Stainless Steel Range vent PN: 39763W

Name:	vent.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	141101

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:23 PM   #38
Rivet Master

2002 25' Safari
Fountain Inn , South Carolina
If you are interested in new stainless doors... I contacted Roger Williams last week to see if they still had stainless doors and vents in stock. I ended up ordering the furnace door, water heater door, and stove vent from them. They are exactly as described by Bob in this thread (thank you Bob). The vent does not have tabs to hold the flap closed, but it weighs enough that it won't be a problem. The grill on the water heater door was a tight fit into the opening of the door. The shipping was fast and cheap. The price was very low compared to Jackson Center. They look great on the trailer. As Bob said, it took longer to remove the protective coating than it took to install them. I ordered from Ken Maynard in the parts department 817-596-0050.

I hope this is useful information to someone interested in stainless doors.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:58 PM   #39
2 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Tavares , Florida & Trinidad Colorado
Smile Airstream supplied Stainless Covers

I just bought and installed the 3 SS covers directly from Airstream.
Follow this link and you can purchase on line.
They were easy to install and look fantastic!
Larry
https://store.airstream.com/index.php?cPath=65
Old 08-31-2012, 09:26 AM   #40
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
LONDON , ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner3 View Post
If you are interested in new stainless doors... I contacted Roger Williams last week to see if they still had stainless doors and vents in stock. I ended up ordering the furnace door, water heater door, and stove vent from them. They are exactly as described by Bob in this thread (thank you Bob). The vent does not have tabs to hold the flap closed, but it weighs enough that it won't be a problem. The grill on the water heater door was a tight fit into the opening of the door. The shipping was fast and cheap. The price was very low compared to Jackson Center. They look great on the trailer. As Bob said, it took longer to remove the protective coating than it took to install them. I ordered from Ken Maynard in the parts department 817-596-0050.

I hope this is useful information to someone interested in stainless doors.
Just ordered the water heater and furnace doors for $25 each in stainless steel plus shipping from Roger Williams. Thanks for the tip on where to get them at a fair price.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:25 AM   #41
banjobill

2000 30' Limited
battle ground, , Washington
title to the thread

Have you ever noticed repetitive threads and posters saying they couldn't find anything on such and such a topic? Could it be because the title of a stainless steel replacement door project is entitled: "Thank you..."? just sayin'
Old 10-18-2012, 07:40 AM   #42
4 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Medina , Ohio
Oh Man! Am I glad I found this thread - I have to agree with the name of it -

I just ordered all three doors - $25 each is the deal of the century! plus around $10 shipping? How can it be beat!

Thank you for the thread! I had to hunt for it but it delivered exactly what I was looking for!

The Silver Pearl & The Black Pearl

2008 25' Safari FB SE Queen converted to King
2014 Ford Expedition EXP Limited 4x4 V-8
McKesh towing mirrors
Centramatic Balancers
Hensley Swift-Arrow Hitch
palmtreegirl is offline   Reply With Quote