Old 10-17-2012, 07:02 PM   #15
Rivet Master
1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Aw that's nothing. I thought from the thread title that you were going to say you covered the entire Airstream with silicone seal.

Glad you were able to get copies of everything.

vswingfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #16
Rivet Master
2006 22' International CCD
2007 Base Camp
Elk Valley , British Columbia
Originally Posted by ventport View Post
That's why you never put your name or address on the key ring. Even putting Airstream on it is not good. If a bad person found the keys they would know what they were for and where it was.
We have a national key-tag service in Canada run by the War-Amps... it is a numbered tag you register online, if they are found they can be put in any mailbox free of charge and they come back to you.

If you want to be a cheap-skate, it is even free to use the tags... it is by donation. But, they have returned over 1 million sets of keys since they started, and the War Amps is 100% funded by the key-tag service.

Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #17
Rivet Master
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
I have decided to have the butler hold the keys.

Barb hangs her keys (trailer and truck) on the hooks on the side of the upper cabinets over the kitchen sink. If the deadbolt locks itself and I'm not around (or have left my keys on the propane tank again), she'll be locked out. It did self lock once. I wish she wouldn't do that, but women seem to either not have pockets, forget they do or are trained to put keys in a pocketbook or hooks. I guess I have to hire a lady-in-waiting (what do they wait for?) to hold keys.

I think the truck won't start without the key nearby, but you do have to turn it to start the engine. I'm not sure I'd want a key that allows you to unlock the door by touching it—wouldn't anyone be able to open it when you are nearby, but not watching or walking away? Are they going to do away with keyholes next so if the key battery or the vehicle battery are dead, you can't open the door or start it? What if my key battery goes dead—will the truck start? How will I drive to the store to get a battery?

Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:58 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member
1974 31' Sovereign
Vintage Kin Owner
Phoenix , Arizona
My tale of Woe

I kept (notice the past tense here) all my TT keys and spares to my vehicles in a dresser drawer. That was a very good plan to always have those expensive electronic keys when I couldn't find one. Unfortunately, my house was robbed in Sept and the first place the thieves hit was the drawer where my spare keys (and credit cards) were "hidden" (and I use that term more than loosely.) I now have no keys to either TT, no spares to anything, and rampant identity theft issues. Until this stunt, I always considered myself relatively intelligent. Now, highly trainable!

girlscan2 is offline   Reply With Quote