Old 05-04-2011, 02:57 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member

1970 27' Overlander
ARLINGTON , TEXAS
Send a message via Skype™ to WILDRTEXAS
THIS IS REALLY STARTING TO GET TO ME.....I just need to take the door to the shop. They dont have room for my AS. I want to take off both the door and screen so the shop can use the screen as a template to correct the exterior door frame. HOW do I get the pin from the hinge?????????? OMG, REALLY TIRED OF THIS!!

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion...

Taylor 1/20/96 - 11/28/08

WILDRTEXAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:55 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

1985 31' Excella
Fresno , Texas
To correct the door with in on the trailer. the inner skin rivets are removed and the door formed back to the trailer shape and then install two rivets at the top in new holes and test for fit. if its right they you open the door and replace all rivets.

I would not trust that light weight door screen to shape to try to change the door. Also if you knock a nut off that holds the door on you have much bigger problems They are held in place with a mastic.

Were are you going to take the door?

Old 05-04-2011, 04:22 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member

1970 27' Overlander
ARLINGTON , TEXAS
Send a message via Skype™ to WILDRTEXAS
a local hot rod shop that originally welded the door frame back together.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion...

Taylor 1/20/96 - 11/28/08

WILDRTEXAS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cast aluminum, door frame, door