Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Windows, Doors, Locks & Vents > Doors & Locks
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-26-2009, 12:10 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1964 26' Overlander
longmont , Colorado
Need door handle for '61 Bambi

I just bought a 61 California Bambi..serial number ends in 01..either first or second one made and it has a suicide door with a Bargman l77 handle..broken off..no known replacement..anyone know of a fix??
jimshaner@ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:37 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1965 24' Tradewind
Starkville , Mississippi
I need a Bargman L-77 too - good luck finding one. If you do, let me know - I've looked everywhere!
lucymcdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:48 PM   #3
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Keeping that door lock original, is great, but.........

If you replace it with something that's been used for the last 44 years and still going strong, you will not only solve the issue, but you can quit looking for something that no longer exists.

Installing a small plate on the door will enable you to use a Bargmann L-100, or the Bargmann L-100 Special, in some cases.

It's certainly far cheaper that just an after market handle, which means you will still contend with a lock that's 50 years old, even it you replace just the handle.

But, as always, it all depends on a person choice.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote